Cyclone 4006/F350 DRW/Goosebox 20k jerking

BrianVD04

Hello! First time poster and have tried to search for the Jerking/tugging/bucking that happens while pulling the unit down the road. It is very minimal while in stop and go traffic, but will on the highway hitting dips/bridge transitions/rough roads the “back and forth” is rough. Rough enough to cause motion sickness in some cases.
I have towed the unit twice, once home from the dealer empty and then out to our first trip so here is my plan of action.

1. GB bag psi- it’s running 42-45 for the first trip, but manual says max pressure is 50 psi. Try higher or max at 50?

2. Weight distribution inside trailer, I haven’t gone over scales, but I do think there is a little more weight in the front than in the garage.

3. Would bags/sumo springs help this back and forth motion?

Is chucking the term that is used to specifically describe this motion issue we are experiencing?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

sengli

Yes the dreaded chucking issue. Our rig usually only does when the road surface is just so. The joints in the surface, cause it, and the poured cement surfaces do to. I would say that for me anyway its definitely the road surface that is the root cause for this. I bought a mor ryde rubber cushioned pin box, and it definitely helped. But to say we never experience it anymore would be an untruth.

david-steph2018

We even have the MorRyde IS system and we still get the chuckling every now and then depending on the road. As far as the weight distribution goes when you load items in the garage you lessen the pin weight on these toy haulers. What I have discovered was the couple of times we traveled without our golf cart in the garage I experienced some "tail wagging" with the Road Warrior. Then the chuckling issue the MorRyde IS System did help tremendously but still experience it over some of the worst road ways around the country. You can experiment with your weight distribution, try a little more pin weight but keep in mind the max load for your truck.

Lost_my_beer

It aint cheap, but I will say I will never own a 5er ever again without an air ride hitch again. Had the TrailerSaver for about 9 months now, and every trip I am still amazed how the herky jerky ride completely dissolved.
Troy

jaktwo

It aint cheap, but I will say I will never own a 5er ever again without an air ride hitch again. Had the TrailerSaver for about 9 months now, and every trip I am still amazed how the herky jerky ride completely dissolved.
Troy

Ditto! Love the trailer saver. 5 plus years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk