cyclone 4100 dual battery

scottyb

I 1st went to 2 6V GC-2 golf cart batteries using THIS BOX . I now have 4 6V batteries in two of those boxes for a total of 450 Ah and true deep cycle batteries. I could have replaced it with one that holds 4 - GC-2's, but decided to just add another box. My next phase is to add a Pure sine wave inverter/charger and maybe a residential fridge. The final phase will be solar if I get that far with this rig. Now that I have added the portable fridge/freezer to the basement, I may not need the residential fridge.

Jim.Allison

I did away with the plastic battery boxes and have them on the shelves in the battery compartment. I bought tie down hardware at lowe's and used self tapping screws to secure the hardware. I then use inexpensive rachet straps to secure the batteries onto the platform. I pop riveted light angle iron tabs on all four sides of the battery to prevent sliding. I don't equalize unless I'm present so gas is not a problem, but it would not be a problem to install a automatic vent that will evacuate the compartment when the batts are charging. I run 2 Trojan T 1275 for 300 amp hours, they fit in my compartment nicely.

has anyone upgraded to dual batteries? if so what did you do for a battery box?