Cyclone 4200

EandJ

Re: Well, it's time to ask about the 4200 again???

If everyone liked the same things this would be a boring world. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad. Praises for Heartland for providing more choices to please more people. When the time comes for a new rig I'll give the 4200 a good look. It could be a good rig for handling our six grandkids.

I actually like it for our situation. We have six kids. It would actually work very well - has pretty much all the things I am looking for in my "ultimate" rig. I'm assuming it has the dual electric queens in the rear like the other Cyclones.

Now the only problem is finding a tow vehicle that can pull the 4200 AND seat six kids.

What is the length and weight of this thing? Or is that a big secret too..........

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

We were at RV STATION in Cleveland, TX today talking to Jay Rich the GM and he told us he has a 4200 on order right now. Should be in stock soon. Call him if you are in the area and want to see it. He can tell you when they might expect it.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

I actually like it for our situation. We have six kids. It would actually work very well - has pretty much all the things I am looking for in my "ultimate" rig. I'm assuming it has the dual electric queens in the rear like the other Cyclones.

Now the only problem is finding a tow vehicle that can pull the 4200 AND seat six kids.

Maybe this would meet your towing and hauling needs?

bigsean

I have been waiting for the 4200 since it appeared on the Heartland Website. I have always leaned towards the 3800 because of space, but really want the King bed in the Master. As far as I am concerned, giving the 3800 a King in the Master and Full shower/toilet insert in the 1/2 bath would make the Ultimate RV. Forrest River has one similar, but the way the 3800 opens up in the Living room rocks!

oscar

From leaks in the past the 4200 was going to be "hitherto unseen" and about 600 square feet. Then there was a delay due to "patent and/or engineering issues". I strongly suspect there was something more spectacular in the works but that it couldn't be done at this time and that what we are looking at here is a "draw back and punt".

We may see it eventually.

gpshemi

If that's the case oscar than that all happened prior to the nationl rally early on because this is what AJ spoke of on the plant tour. I didn't see the appeal then, nor do I know. There's so many other things I'd like to see more than this concept.

Last edited:

gpshemi

Oh yeah. Nice. I think it's a little high in the pin box area though.

oscar

If that's the case oscar than that all happened prior to the nationl rally early on because this is what AJ spoke of on the plant tour. I didn't see the appeal then, not do I know. There's so many other things I'd like to see more than this concept.

Ah, seems you have more intel than I do.

EandJ

Yeah - I thought about that. But since I'm spending money I don't have anyway, I'm sure a solution could be found.

Cycloner3950

Crazy for Camping!
Feeling like a young boy on Christmas morning waking up to nothing under the Christmas tree. The 4200 is a disappointment and real let down. What the heck?? Am I missing something or does anyone else feel that this is a major step back for the Cyclone brand. I guess if you look at other manufacturers that made it big and became complacent and stopped listening to their customers input. Here is the deal from a very happy 3950 owner, you are NOT making anything that I want to buy!!!!!!!! You are losing ground to the competition and the lack of storage space is a real concern. Most people that buy Cyclones want STORAGE!!!! Lots of it. You need to hire a female design consultant or bring my wife in for a day to chat about decor because you are clearly missing the point......"if the wifey no likey......no sale!!!"

Back to the 4200, the more I see the less i like, really a dumb design but i will give you credit for what looks like simply removing a slide and adding a drop door patio....ooooh, ahhhh!!! I am so excited I could just rush out and drop $100 G's for one of these....NOT. Now, with that being said, it you were to have that patio in the cargo area, totally different storey and I would be really excited. I figured the 4200 was going to bring a radical full side slide or at least something new.

Thanks Heartland for stringing us all along for so long only to drop this epic design failure. Better go back to the drawing board and get back to focussing on earning the right to be the #1 multi purpose lifestyle 5th wheel. If I want a "me too" rv, I'll save $30 and go buy a Raptor.

DesertThumper

I've been poking in and out watching all the feed backs. Most of us agree to similar concerns. After all, it is us the clients that makes heartland successfull with return purchases.

Suggested changes to make below:

1. Listen to your clients. Your best feedback for next years design plans.
2. Be proactive with a client survey done quarterly.
3. Hire or designate a team of women designers.
4. Most buyers have a significant other and that's 50% of our approval.
5. QC could be done better.
6. The first thing my wife said when we were considering the RW is where's the storage? We bought it anyways.
7. Work on the weaknesses and turn them into strengths and the rest will show long term = happy new and existing clients.

Your team can do it with small incremental changes for next time. We would like to continue a long term relationship with heartland.

jbeletti

Re: CY 4200 release date?

Cyclone pricing has been updated to include the CY 4200. See post 1 of this thread for the files.

jbeletti

Threads merged for Cyclone 4200

The two threads on the Cyclone 4200 have been merged into this one. A 1 week expiring redirect is in place for the old thread so readers can still find those posts, now merged here.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Here is what y'all need to build and I am pretty sure it has not been done. Being that most TH are basically a 30ft trailer with a 10', 12', or 14' garage attached to them. Build a 30 to 35 ft 5th wheel without the garage. Build it basically similar to the Cyclone interior. But build it with a very heavy duty chassis rated to tow a double trailer up to 10,000lbs.

For the interior layout. I would put the living room on the neck with a double slide. Kitchen in the middle with the bath and master in the rear. Do a high ceiling so a loft bunk can be placed over the master bed area. Also have to large slides for the kitchen area as along with incorporating the master bed area.

Keep the fuel station with the genny. Run tandem 8000' axles with 17.5 wheels. Integrated rear camera to watch your tag trailer.

It would be a TH without a garage as it would be for those that would rather tow doubles. This trailer will be geared toward what you can't fit in a garage. Boats, buggies, Kit Helo's, multiple SxS' and so on. I would buy it if the interior is laid out correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD