Cyclone - 6 pt. leveling problem

mandn

We just bought a 2015 4100. Got back to our lot to set up. Followed instructions for auto level. Only 4 of the 6 jacks would come down. The center and rear left side would not extended. I tried on manual and no Luck. Any help with this problem would be great. Oh, and this my first post!

danemayer

Re: ATF: Cyclone - 6 pt. levling problem

Hi mandn,

Congratulations on the new 4100 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

There's a valve that has to open to allow hydraulic fluid to flow to that pair of jacks to extend and retract them. Sounds like it's not operating. Could be an electrical problem or perhaps a mechanical problem at the valve.

Take a look at the landing jacks, hydraulic hoses and electrical wires to locate the valve. Make sure wires are tight. Also take a look around the hydraulic pump in case the valve is located there.

If the wiring to the valve looks ok, you might tap on the valve assembly on the theory that it's a mechanical blockage and it might come unstuck.

pegmikef

Did you try to lower them using the manual mode then extending the left side jacks? Sometimes when it is kind of cold my jacks don't always fully extend or retract (using autolevel or autoretract) so I have to switch to manual mode to correct it. There is even a notice on my basement door that describes this situation and sez to use the manual mode to complete the operation.

mandn

Well, that was quick. I already tried manually twice to adjust them to no avail. Checked all the wiring connections, all s tight, and don't see any valves to tap on to clear them. The place I bought it from is closed until Monday when I can ask for a tech to come out here. I don't know what else to do,

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Just thinking out loud here.
When you manually tried to extend the "left" side did you also try to do a retract of that side? By "left" I assume you mean the off door side.
There might be some wires or hoses connected incorrectly.
Oh, did the dealer give you a demo of the auto level system and was it working then?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Well, that was quick. I already tried manually twice to adjust them to no avail. Checked all the wiring connections, all s tight, and don't see any valves to tap on to clear them. The place I bought it from is closed until Monday when I can ask for a tech to come out here. I don't know what else to do,
Here's a link to Lip Sheet 262 on manual override. If you can locate the valves, perhaps like the ones shown, and use an allen wrench to open the valve manually, it may operate for you. Don't forget to close the valve.

In your situation it may not be necessary to operate the pump with a drill. I'd think you can use the control panel in manual mode to extend/retract the jacks after opening the valve.

If you have an access panel on the front wall of basement storage (near the pump), that may be how to gain access to the valves.

jdfishing

I would give Lippert a call. They have some techs that should be able to diagnose the problem for you over the phone. I had issues with my auto level that several repair shops could not figure out. One Lippert tech had it fixed in less than a minute. It was two wires crossed. You're problem sounds like it is on the left side only. Check all of your wire connections by your hydraulic pump to make sure they are tight. Some are push on type. One could have come loose. Good luck.

mandn

Thank you for the response.. We have a Lippert certified tech coming out on Monday afternoon to repair the system.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Please come back and let us know what what the tech found.
Might help someone in the future.

Peace
Dave

mandn

we had the tech out yesterday and he had to use a 12 volt jumper wire to get power to the solinoids in order to manually level our 2015 Cyclone. He found the control board located by the pump was bad. He had to order a new one from the factory and will install it when it comes ( in about 1 1/2 weeks ).

Last edited: