Cyclone Toyhauler Insualtion VS Voltage Insulation package

wedooit

Interested in the Cyclone toyhauler 14 ft garage...4 years ago bought a Raptor, am going to sell it and update. Seriously looking at Cyclone vs. the Voltage. The Voltage seems to have better R values insulation. Am wanting an almost 4 seasons unit as we snowmobile. Could any Cyclone owners help me with this difficult decision please? Many thanks!!!

jimtoo

Hi wedooit,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our family will jump in soon with the information your looking for.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi wedooit,

We have a Landmark, not a Cyclone. But I can tell you that staying warm in sub-freezing, even sub-zero temps is pretty easy. You just need a couple of ceramic disc heaters. Having a couple of dedicated outlets installed, on their own circuit breakers, is a good idea. Small differences in R values won't make that much difference. Supplemental heat will.

The real challenge isn't staying warm. It's keeping the water systems working. A heated underbelly works to a point, if the furnace runs enough. But once you get down below 20 F, you need more. The Yeti option provides tank heating pads and heat tape on the fresh water feed line. That will get you a long way. We also have an owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide that will walk you through additional things you'll want to consider.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Insulation is a serious consideration for your purpose but I would also take a close look at the Voltage's electric landing gear and slide functions. Since you've found the Heartland Owner's site I'm sure you've been looking at Dutchman's as well.
You're on your way to a very educated decision!