Darn kids !

Happy Campers

The kids have been looking at new RV's for a long time and they thought they wanted a Redwood.After a few friends told them of the problems people have had with them it didn't seem to phase them much.I started pushing them to go look at a Landmark but nooo,they wanted a Redwood.It took a month but they are the proud owners of a Landmark 365 Madison I believe.It should be here in another two weeks and they already have the new dodge to pull it with.
Daughter says "dad,you drive my truck and you will want one too".Na,I love my truck and I don't need a new one and she laughs.The day after she gets it we are sitting outside at their campsite and she needs her truck moved and tells me "dad,go move my truck over here for them" so I go move it but I decide to drive it around the park then come back and park it.Do I have a grin on my face from ear to ear ?, dang right I do.Then they explain they want us to go with them to go look at a Landmark that is almost like there's so see what it looks like.They sure picked out a nice Landmark for sure.
As we were thru looking and walking back to the truck the wife says I want to look in this one. O PA look at this,I like it.So we all go inside and the daughter and son in law bust out laughing and giggling.I think the kids knew what they were doing all along when we agreed to go with them to "look at their RV" !.So I looked at the weight and said my dodge wont pull that rig and son in law said "want to go look at dodges now ?",daughter said yes he does.After I looked at trucks I just looked at both of them and shook my head then hollered DARN YOU KIDS !!!.

Our new RV
http://www.exploreusa.com/product/new-2016-heartland-bighorn-3970rd-439778-5

Truck on order
2016 Dodge 3500 Crewcab Longbed
CTD 6-speed Aisin Auto

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Have a Happy New Year "playing" with your new big boy toys!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Campers

Wife is all excited and altho the paperwork is all done the PDI isn't scheduled yet and we arn't in that big of a hurry.It's supposed to be a wet and probably a rainy weekend along with too many wayward drunks on the roads.Most likely it will be the first Saturday in 2016 before we can start enjoying it.The truck had to be ordered and it will take approx 6 weeks but it will go fast I hope.

Westwind

John and Pat you only go this way once and if you are retired your closer to the end then the beginning! ENJOY every minute your out with your new truck and Landmark.
You both definitely worked for it and deserve it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Paybacks are a bioch!

It never ends . . .

Our 2015 Prowler is at the dealership for warranty repairs . . . they said three weeks . . . it has been seven weeks and it is still not done . . .

And they will be closed for the next two weeks until next year . . .

Hhhhmmmmmmmmmm . . . . . . .

jayc

Legendary Member
Congrats on the new truck and trailer. Bring them to one of the rallies! We'd love to see you.

Happy Campers

John and Pat you only go this way once and if you are retired your closer to the end then the beginning! ENJOY every minute your out with your new truck and Landmark.
You both definitely worked for it and deserve it.
Westwind,The kids are getting a Landmark and we are getting the Bighorn 3970RD ,both quality RV's.[h=1][/h]

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Westwind,The kids are getting a Landmark and we are getting the Bighorn 3970RD ,both quality RV's.

Make sure all of you join the Heartland Owners Club (HOC) . . . that way you all can come to our rallies!

The HOC rallies are the best time you will ever have!

If it wasn't for the HOC ('Heartland Owners Club') . . . we probably would have bought another brand of RV when we upgraded earlier this year!

jbeletti

Wow - congrats John and Pat! What a Christmas gift to yourselves :)

We'd love to see you and the kids at some rallies - lots of fun and a great way for the kids to learn even more about their new Landmark.

Happy Campers

A little update...
We went back to the dealer Saturday so the kids could take a closer look and help us point out things that might need fixing.The shop was locked and the personal there didn't have the shop keys,said the person that had the keys should show up soon.We decided to go look at other RV's and kinda window shop. LoL.We went in several other heartland RV's just to look but we couldn't get excited.Then we went into two exclusive high-end RV,s and I told the wife that I wouldn't trade our heartland for one of them because I think ours is the best looking one we went in.
Today being Monday was our PDI and it was great even everybody we saw and talked to loved our RV.They complimented on how nice it is on the inside and the two massage lounge chairs.We went back into the office after the PDI and got a packet of papers and the keys and told them we will exchange the old with the new one on Saturday.