Dealer Experiences

Hi All - I am new to the forum. We are close to pullling the pin on a new Big Horn 3070RL - our 3rd Rv in 19 years. I am currently getting prices from several online dealers, none of whom I know from personal experience. I am wondering if it is fair game to ask about other peoples experiences with specific dealers on this forum. Thank you Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello JimSymington. Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There is a lot of good information to be found here.
Ask away about the dealers.
You may find some useful information in the RV Service Experiences forum.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Yes, you can ask for other folks opinions here on the forum. You will receive both the good and the bad (if any). We do not allow discussion of pricing. If you want to PM someone (Private Message) about pricing that is fine.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Big Horn at a rally some place.

Jim M

CliffP

Hello and welcome to the forum. About the only thing you can't do here is post rv prices. People will be happy to tell you about their buying experiences, even if they're not happy about them. Good luck with your shopping!

tcfake613

Hi Jim,

Try rv007.com. Check out the website, give them a call and ask for Bill in sales. Couldn't have been happier with this dealership when we picked up our 3685RL in January. Highly recommended! They are located in Virginia.

driver311

try rvsforless.net. they are in knoxville,tn. they do lots of internet business. butch and karen are the greatest!

Westwind

If in Maine I recommend Scott's Recreation, Manchester, Maine. I had a very good buying experience and wish I lived closer. I have a feeling service would be just as good.
All the items that needed fixing on our RV I've fixed myself except for the electric thermostat in the Hot Water heater which was repaired by Camping World, Seffner, Florida.
That was not a good experience. Yes they fixed it but if I told you what we had to go through over an 8 hour period you would not believe it. From chasing service writers
to process warranty etc. to moving the trailer three times etc.

TXTiger

It may be a long drive for you but check out ExploreUSA RV in TX. I drove from San Diego CA to their location in Dallas to make my purchase. Check out their inventory on their web site. Call them on the phone and negotiate the price and place a refundable deposit. Then go look at the vehicle and finalize the purchase if all looks good.

oscar

Dave Arbogast in Troy OH is a large dealer, with very competitive prices, and I had a very pleasant experience with them.

DW_Gray

Jim,

Welcome to forum!

There some things you can do to learn about a dealer.

1. Using Google and Bing search, type in the dealer business name followed by the word review. i.e. scott's recreation review

2. Try #1 again, this time without the word review.

If there are any negative comments, they'll be noticeable.

3. Check with the local Better Business Bureau.

4. Pay attention to sales pitch buzz words. (The one that bugs me the most is something like this, "Oh, your truck can tow this trailer just fine. Not a problem at all.") When they say this, make them prove it. And if they are not using the Before You Buy RV app, then they don't have a clue.

evolvingpowercat

Olathe Ford RV in Garnder, Kansas carries some lines of Heartland including BigHorn. They have a web site and list prices online. I bought my Heartland Edge from them used and was satisfied with the delivery. I have used their service department to change tires, re-pack wheel bearings and have been satisfied. They have several service persons and several sales persons its a decent size operation for this part of the country.

browny

We live in Waverly, Ne. and went to Camping World in Council Bluffs, Ia. We traded our Prowler Regal 270FQS TT for a Big Horn 3070RL, we have had it exactly one week and have taken it out once, and so far love it. Camping World as you know is affiliated with Good Sams, so you really have good support group for any problems you may encounter with your purchase. Browny

ParkIt

It may be a long drive for you but check out ExploreUSA RV in TX. I drove from San Diego CA to their location in Dallas to make my purchase. Check out their inventory on their web site. Call them on the phone and negotiate the price and place a refundable deposit. Then go look at the vehicle and finalize the purchase if all looks good.
I would second ExploreUSA, they have a large inventory and were lower in price and higher on service than any other dealer I had been able to check online. They took extra pictures of the unit we wanted and emailed them to us along with all the information on our unit. We dealt with Robert Roe who knows the inventory at every location, they made it very easy and affordable for us to purchase the unit we wanted. Even after delivery Robert kept in touch to make sure we were happy with our BC and answered all the questions of "now how does that work again?". :)

Nitehawk79

I just purchased a Cyclone from RV Wholesalers, they will beat any price by $100. I know when you are talking about $35K or more $100 does not seem like much, but every little bit helps. I did not do this but there is an RV park about 4 miles from them that you can take your new unit to for a shake down to make sure that everything is 100% before leaving the area. Call ask for young guy Colt, he was able to get me just over 35% off of MSRP. Tell them Scott sent you.

My wife and I started looking last October and finally found what we were looking for in the Cyclone 4100. I don't have a TV yet, maybe next year, but we are going to full time work from it.

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Theresau

We ordered our new BC from Lakeshore RV. They are for the most part an internet dealer. We've been very happy with the experience so far.

yak50

Another vote for rv's for less ! Karen and Butch are the best ! we are very pleased ! and we drove from Clearwater Fl to Knoxville, around 550 miles one way, and we were so glad we did !

Thats a +1 for RV's for Less in Knoxville, TN. We found them via an internet search while looking for a Landmark. Spoke to two other closer dealers and RV's for Less had better customer service hands down. We ordered yesterday! We dealt with Ken Rife their sales manager, couldn't be happier with the entire package. Our two cents worth....

Ben and Carissa

wolfrat1

If you're in Elkhart, In, RV Capital Wholesalers. The owner Rob Reid is very pleasant and willing to deal with you. Buying our third rig from him. The drive was definitely worth it.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you're in Elkhart, In, RV Capital Wholesalers. The owner Rob Reid is very pleasant and willing to deal with you. Buying our third rig from him. The drive was definitely worth it.

We pick up our new BC from them tomorrow and have been working with Joe W and so far I can't say enough good things about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SailorDon

This thread may be past its prime as far as the original posters question, but my 2 cents is that it pays to shop.

I looked at a 2014 Wilderness 2175 RB at my local dealer (10 miles away) in Texas. He quoted me a drive-off price.

I went home and surfed the internet and found Terry Frazer RV's in Eldridge, Iowa. They had the identical travel trailer with the exception of the standard A/C unit (13.5K BTU) instead of the optional 15K BTU.
Drive out the door price was a lot less than the Texas dealer. Of course there was the 1,000 mile drive to pick it up and 1,000 miles to tow it back home, and Texas tax, title and license. Estimating $800 for gasoline for the round trip, I still saved $2,200 by going to Terry Frazer. Saved $3,000 if you don't count the gas. That savings is after paying the Texas tax, title and license fees.

Terry Frazer's posted labor rate was $89 per hour. My local Heartland dealer was $110 per hour.

Terry Frazer's attitude was we will get you started and make it right before you leave on your 1,000 mile trip back home.
The local dealer's attitude was "Take it or leave it." I left it.

I hope I never need any warranty work done on my travel trailer. I don't think Heartland is going to pay $110 per hour to the local dealer for warranty work, and Iowa is such a long ways away.