Details on Residential Refrigerator Option for Landmark

porthole

Retired
Great info, but the question I have is the residential frig made to withstand the bumps, shaking, and jarring that takes place as it goes down the road?

I have a residential fridge in our boat. Been there since 1980. Still working fine.
Nothing more exciting or demanding on a piece of equipment then coming a 10-15 foot wave with a relatively flat dead rise

Birchwood

Is there a catch here ,converting DC to AC is old technology.Having it as an option for people
who don't like WalMart or desert living is a plus.

HOOKERUP

How much food will people need in there rig.There are grocery stores to re-supply.Maybe Heartland can put extra shelving for MRE supplies.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
This option, along with several others in the Landmark, are geared toward fulltimers like us....not everyone is a weekend camper.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
I spoke with Ron from Heartland yesterday about holding up on building our new Key Largo order that I placed Monday morning. He was going to see about stopping our order for now. Still waiting for him to call me back. I would rather wait another month before they start to build mine just so my wife can have the residential refer. That was one key thing she did not like about Heartland but did about Mobile Suite and some others because they did have the residential refer. I sure hope they wait and build ours later so my wife will be happy, because if the wife isn't happy......... :(

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We saw a Landmark Key Largo at the Dallas show last week with the residential fridge. Yes, I think it had some mechanism to keep the door locked during transit. but I can't recall for sure.

Here is the info on the Heartland website:

http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=78

Last edited:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I was just curious if the Landmark is the only trailer the will install the Residential Refrigerator. A Bighorn is also concidered to be a fulltime trailer. I would have liked the room provided and the realibility in my Bighorn...

BC

travlingman

Since you can't order without the ice maker, is there a turn off valve for the water line for those of us who camp in cold weather?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Any word about maybe offering this option in the Bighorn line? DW loves this idea but does not really want a Landmark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
For those who this refer targets, we think it can be a winner also.
So it looks like I ordered my new San Antonio a month too early. I was really complaining about having to give up my ice maker because none of the new campers came with them, now you tell me for 6 or 7 hundred dollars more I could have ordered my trailer with a residential refer to include the ice maker!!!

To say I'm bummed is an understatement. If they haven't shipped my trailer yet tell em I want the new refer!!

K

karykatz

Yes there is a turn off valve and water line drain. they are easily accessible for winterizing.

Hope this helps

tcbrady

yes, We are planning to offer the residential refrigerator in a 2-3 floorplans for both the Bighorn and Big Country product lines. The target timing for this is August 1.

thanks, Coley

Any word about maybe offering this option in the Bighorn line? DW loves this idea but does not really want a Landmark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Detail on Travel Latches for Residential Refrigerator

Hi all,

We are releasing details on the travel latches we're using for the Residential Refrigerator. As you will see, there is a latch on top of the refrigerator on each door.

Putting latches elsewhere would have been too unsightly. We hope this location reflects a balance between effectiveness and style.

Jim

Refer_Lock_Drawing.jpg Residential Refer Lock Detail.jpg

Attachments

• Residential Refer Lock Detail.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 54

porthole

Retired
Re: Detail on Travel Latches for Residential Refrigerator

That will need a reminder like the hang tags for the "antenna up".

I can tell you from experience that if someone forgets to to latch the large residential reefer in a rolling or floating earthquake - it makes a mess. And in our case, damages the wall opposite the fridge. But that is what makes teak trim so popular on boats :rolleyes:

The latch looks good. Will the 5'2" crowd be able to reach it?