DIESEL 1 or DIESEL 2

I run the Ford product in my 6.7 also.
I won't take a chance on a warranty problem later from Ford.
To me, it's cheap insurance.

Hockster

================================================================================================================================

dave10a

I go by what the manufacturers recommend. They spend a lot of time and money to determine what is best for their engines and transmissions. I don't know why this issue gets so convoluted and obfuscated when all one needs to do is read the manual. Ford, GM, Dodge, Caterpillar and Cummins do a great job explaining what is best for their engines and transmissions. I don't understand why so many get confused... If there is confusion about what they write in the manual, simply call the manufacturer and they will clarify it. At least that is what I have experienced.

RollingHome

I'm Just curious, this question is for those posters who put cetane booster (regardless of brand juice... Ford, Diesel Kleen or other) into their diesel powered vehicles. Do you see an improvement in milage, performance or any other changes, good or bad ?

Bksvo

I'm Just curious, this question is for those posters who put cetane booster (regardless of brand juice... Ford, Diesel Kleen or other) into their diesel powered vehicles. Do you see an improvement in milage, performance or any other changes, good or bad ?

I find my truck runs much smoother (less pinging) and I do get better mileage, but less than 1mpg.

jcarnevale

I can't say anything about MPG (I just don't watch it nor care to) but it definitely quiets the knocking down a lot in my 6.4.

Jay

lwmcguir

I really cant say that I see any difference. I only use it to be sure the lubricity is improved, hopefully.

porthole

Retired

100k+ miles in the GMC and Ford using Diesel Kleen and the ford product, both regular and winter blend - no noticeable difference in performance or mileage.

Being a certified general auto diesel tech I never really believed in the "mechanic in a can" wonder juice. Bu a ethane booster has to help, right? Even if it is only a few ounces in many gallons.

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD