Diesel Aux and main tanks

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok finally able to measure our Dually Depot 115 gal aux tank, it's 20" tall, 26" deep and 56" wide. This doesn't include the cap that covers the hose connections at the top or the fill caps. They stick up higher than the bed rails in our truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcolson84

I know it is not a stock tank replacement, but many guys around the oilfield and ranch circles run L-tanks. My last ford had a 100 gal. in bed tank and toolbox combo. I loved it! It can be rigged to gravity feed into the stock tank, or you can use a fill-rite pump. Just a thought. It does give you some range though, and is real nice if staying in the mountains away from fuel stations for several weeks.

Oregon_Camper

Well...too much time on my hands during this 2 week vacation...leads to reading this darn forum too much...leads to me getting a new Aux Tank!!! :)

I'm having at ATTA tank installed on the 16th. This is a 45 gallon tank that will automatically transfer (pump) fuel to the main tank, once the main tank reached 1/2 tank.

This will go under my cover, so it won't be seen most of the time. They have an optional gauge that is placed in the cab of the truck to see the fuel level of the tank and a switch to turn the Aux Tank off, if you want to. (which I purchased :) )

I'll post some pictures after the installation.

OEFVET

I've attached a picture of the in bed 80 gallon aux/transfer tank I installed. It is plumbed into the fuel lines and has a gauge in the cab that turns on the pump when the stock gauge is between 1/4-1/2 and stops pumping at around 3/4-full. Many new trucks will trip the check engine light if a gravity only system is used. It has a bed liner finish and sits below the bed rails. The filler is under the cover and fully lockable. I Love this tank!

DSC_0095.jpg

Bones

Well...too much time on my hands during this 2 week vacation...leads to reading this darn forum too much...leads to me getting a new Aux Tank!!! :)

I'm having at ATTA tank installed on the 16th. This is a 45 gallon tank that will automatically transfer (pump) fuel to the main tank, once the main tank reached 1/2 tank.

This will go under my cover, so it won't be seen most of the time. They have an optional gauge that is placed in the cab of the truck to see the fuel level of the tank and a switch to turn the Aux Tank off, if you want to. (which I purchased :) )

I'll post some pictures after the installation.

Nice and enjoy your new tank

Happy Campers

When I had the 60 gl aux fuel tank/tool box combo installed in my truck I had it plumbed straight into my fuel system.A flip of a switch and i'm running on the auxiliary tank and reading how much fuel is in that tank using my truck gauge.Flip the switch and i'm running on the main truck tank and reading how much is in that tank.It has worked flawless for me over the years so i'm going to have the same setup in my new truck when it gets here.