Diesel lower than Gas

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Just now filled up with 73 gallons at $1.899 in Apache Junction, AZ. Lowest price "I've" ever paid for diesel since our first diesel truck in 2011. We had a caterpillar 3116 diesel in our boat back in 2004 and were paying about that at the time, but that was marina prices. (Miss that boat!).
I would miss that boat too, it's beautiful.

Mburtsvt

I miss tax exempt diesel - good times. “Exempt” diesel is $1.34 here in Montana. The State trooper we have here in town likes to hang around the gas station and see if out of state trucks try to fill up with “exempt” fuel. Nice try out of staters.

Last edited:

Bones

Re: Diesel lower than Gas...

Get ready for a heart attack. This was the Diesel price in Washington DC today.

Are you ready?

Brace Yourselves.....

You might want to be sitting down for this.....

IMG_20160111_105712.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
How old is that picture??
Gas Buddy doesn't reflect that pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Station must not sell much and is reluctant to follow prices down and lose money....
Gas buddy has diesel for as little as $1.78
Diesel dropped another 10 cents here recently.

Bones

Station must not sell much and is reluctant to follow prices down and lose money....
Gas buddy has diesel for as little as $1.78
Diesel dropped another 10 cents here recently.

Well that depends if they catch the university students or the Spring valley people. Very expensive area.

dlw930

Diesel was $1.639 at the new Kroger's in Burleson, TX. With the new store promotion of 20 cents off per gallon with my Kroger Plus card, it was $1.439. I hated that I only had room for 16 gallons.

wdk450

Crude oil futures just went under $30 a barrel today. I have heard that many oil related concerns in North Dakota are going bankrupt. Nigeria is calling for an emergency OPEC meeting.

BTW, I am in So. Ca. now, so diesel prices are higher than they were in Northern California a few weeks ago. One station in Hemet had an interesting deal, though. The 76 station at Florida and Sanderson was the lowest in Hemet at $2.37, but they offered PROPANE at $1.06 a gallon if you bought 5 gallons or more of vehicle fuel!

Last edited:

ksucats

I know that the prices will go back up but, right now, oh how I wish I had an aux tank on my truck. Too bad we can't stock up.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Crude oil futures just went under $30 a barrel today. I have heard that many oil related concerns in North Dakota are going bankrupt. Nigeria is calling for an emergency OPEC meeting.

Just goes to show how much they've been gouging us for the price of gas for how long???

Saw on the news the other night that 'analysts' say that the price of gas will go down below $1.00 per gallon . . . can't wait!

Birchwood

Diesel was $1.639 at the new Kroger's in Burleson, TX. With the new store promotion of 20 cents off per gallon with my Kroger Plus card, it was $1.439. I hated that I only had room for 16 gallons.

Price getting close to a gallon of bottled water.

dlw930

I know that the prices will go back up but, right now, oh how I wish I had an aux tank on my truck. Too bad we can't stock up.

I ordered my aux. tank last week. I hope it gets here soon.

travelin2

Diesel down again, $.09 to $2.16 and gas $1.90 here in central PA. Great news except for my 401R(unning around) with my BH fund !!

danemayer

I was shocked today to find diesel for $1.77 at City Market in Dillon, CO. My City Market card provided a $0.10 discount knocking the price down to $1.67 / gallon.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Diesel down again, $.09 to $2.16 and gas $1.90 here in central PA. Great news except for my 401R(unning around) with my BH fund !!

Diesel still at $2.39 here. Gas dropped to $2.09

123camper

Clarksville TN-- I filled my diesel truck up yesterday for $1.69 and my wife car with gas for $1.44 a gallon. No complaints about fuel prices here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk