Difference ..... BC - BH - LM ... new Gateway

TexAndLinda

OK we have found 7 styles (floor plans) we like.
[/FONT[URL]http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=luxuryfw&sc=LM&i=LM+Mesa&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan]LM Mesa[/url]
[/FONT[URL]http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=luxuryfw&sc=LM&i=LM+San+Antonio&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan]LM San Antonio[/url]
[/FONT[URL]http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=luxuryfw&sc=BC&i=BC+3510RL&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan]BC 3510 RL[/url]
[/FONT[URL]http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=luxuryfw&sc=BH&i=BH+3855+FL&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan]BH 3855 FL[/url]
[/FONT[URL]http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=luxuryfw&sc=BH&i=BH+3685RL&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan]BH 3685 RL[/url]
[/FONT[URL]http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=luxuryfw&sc=BH&i=BH+3875+FB&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan]BH 3875 FB very unique[/url]
[/FONT[URL]http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=luxuryfw&sc=BH&i=BH+3455RL&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan]BH 3455 RL[/url]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]on paper these have peaked our interest.
The first question is what is the difference between BC - BH - & LM. (pros and cons)
when explaining the difference we are interested in structure, ie more BTU ac/unit, comes with black tank sprayer, etc. We care little on cosmetic, our Realtor though that our 10year old Formica counters were new.

Will heartland add features in the build if we request?
- - - Back up Rearview camera Hard wired?
- - - Wiring harness for future solar panels?

ParkIt

You can call Heart Land sales and ask what any major differences are though most are 'cosmetic' so to speak, upgraded appliances in the Landmark in some over a Big Country or Big Horn. Many times its just interior options, they do use higher end interiors in the Landmark though all three are built on the same platform from what I understand. They are also built at the same plant.
I was talking to Gary the other day at Heart Land because I was curious about the Gateway. He had all the information and knows the options and builds, give them a call on Monday and they can tell you what you can get at the plant on each unit.

Out of the ones you posted the San Antonio is a very nice full time living 5th wheel, it has full space for an office, large kitchen and living area. Our Big Country has a different configuration at the entertainment area but there are a few minor differences in the kitchen, it gives us both plenty of space to live full time.

pegmikef

I have just finished research a BC and BH with almost identical floorplans and found that a lot of things that are standard on the BH are options on the BC . . . that was the only real difference I found. I just went with the Big Horn (ordering it next week) so I would not have to add all of the options

danemayer

Some differences between the product lines are a matter of what's standard vs optional. Some things may not be available as options. I'm not sure if it's still this way, but in the past, Landmarks came with individual switches to operate the slideouts. I think BH and BC may have had a single switch for hydraulic slides and one for electric. It's handy to have individual switches if you want to get into something at a rest stop.

There are probably other subtle differences like this. You might want to talk with the Brand Manager. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and identify yourself as a prospective customer and ask for the Landmark Brand Manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Westwind

I have a 2012 Bighorn 3070 - I have exterior switches for the two rear opposing slides so that I can open one the other from the outside compartment where the hydraulic pump is. Inside I have two switches, one operated both rear opposing slides and the other operates the bedroom slide. The bedroom slide can only be opened from inside the trailer. They have upgraded this on the latest Bighorn with the IPod type thing that operates slides, awning, and the hydraulic front legs of the trailer.

Theresau

We had a 2010 BH until we recently sold it. Did a great deal of investigation between the BH and BC because we really liked the BC 3251TS floorplan (and the gold exterior) but we'd been very happy with our BH. As indicated elsewhere they are run on the same line. I believe only 1 decor is the same - Bronze. We modified the BC we ordered so that it included the BH standards that mattered to us - such as the rubber mat in the basement storage. We also changed the vinyl to the BH pattern. BC has build options as well such as day/night shades in the living area (std for BH) - we ordered those, the regular (porcelain???) sink IPO the vessel sink (pretty but difficult to keep clean) - got this and the individual hydraulic valves (outside) (std for BH), and maxx vinyl. - we ordered these as well.

We upgraded the axles and tires (G rated Goodyear) - Landmark has the G rated Goodyear (not BH) standard.

The BC has on the plus side the full-sized VERSA table and four chairs - the latest version allows you to turn the table in different directions. The BH has a very narrow table. BC also has a 20 gal. WH and the LED lights in the awning (not sure if BH and Landmark have these). BC also has stainless steel appliances (like these better than black). As of the 2014's, the BC has LED lights in the interior (BH and Landmark had these).

The bedroom closets (organization) in the BH and BC are the same - except the BH has a different type of mirrored doors (I prefer the BC - easier to clean). Dressers in the bedroom are the same. BC bath has a vessel sink but the rest is the same (BH and BC) including the shower and toilet. Landmark appears to have more upper-end versions of all of this... I believe the mattresses are all the same - at least they are between the BC and BH.

BH has a radio in the baggage area - however, the BC has exterior speakers connected to the built-in system that includes a radio.

I just learned this weekend that the BC still has hydraulic bedroom slides - the BH has electric. BH then has built in underbed storage. BC does not because of the hydraulics but can be added by the owner.

BH then has 2 switches inside for the slides (2 different types of slides) and the BC only has 1 (all hydraulic slides). However, my understanding is Landmark has individual switches inside for all 3 slides.

BC and BH have remote controls - BH's appears to be nicer - touch screen remote (not an issue at all for us that BC is not a touch remote...).

One of the Landmark models has a great built-in exterior entertainment system - however, this does take away dinette table space. We will put in a TV in our baggage area (did this with the BH) and it works great.

An option for Landmark is to add an awning to the main living slide - however, I've heard that this can be ordered for BC and BH too.

Hope this helps.

Theresa