Poll: What Landmark 365 Floor Plan should Heartland work on next?

From the 4 layouts listed below, which would you like to see Heartland work on next?

• Rear Living Room layout - 36’-38’ length - Mainstream floor plan a just a little shorter

Votes: 41 61.2%
  • Front Living Room layout - 41'+ length

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Rear Den - 41'+ length - Sliding glass doors to separate rear living room

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Bonus Room - 42'+ length - 8' to-10’ box with rear window, 36” side entry door and steps (no ramp)

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HEH458

Mike, I agree with everything you said, especially points 1-5 and 12 & 13. Having the washer/dryer in the hallway is a great floorplan - hate seeing the Cascade gone. Maybe it will be replaced with something similar. Also,I never have understood why the overhead cabinets at the dinner table and over the head off the bed are not on a full time unit where storage is a premium. The Bighorn 3585RL (same fp as the Grand Canyon) has overhead cabinets at the table.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Any news on the 38' or less Landmarks? We love our Key Largo but we are on a waiting list again for above 40 footers. Below this would be no problem. It's time to go below 40.

See post 77, Tom said the Syracuse is going to be a shorter floorplan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeandconnie

Just for fun Connie and I went to the Atlanta RV Show today. We didn't see any Heartlands there, but our favorite 5er was a Front living room. I can see why they are so popular.

T

TomMontague

I'm working on two shortie floor plans that I will have the forum members take a look at soon and a great FL. I'm excited for everyone to see them.

talk soon

thanks
Tom

Seren

Who decides on the name? Think they should invoke the feeling of travel like Cheyenne or Juneau, or how about Punxsutawney?😊

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Who decides on the name? Think they should invoke the feeling of travel like Cheyenne or Juneau, or how about Punxsutawney?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Landmark series has always been named after locations/landmarks: Key Largo (my personal favorite!), Ontario, Augusta, Savannah, San Antonio, Rushmore, Grand Canyon, Monterrey, Charleston, Newport...etc

T

TomMontague

Am I missing something? All the names we have so far are cities.

Newport
Ashland
Key West
Charleston
Madison ( new )
Syracuse ( new )
Denver ( new )

It's getting harder because there are several more brands using city names so the list is getting smaller and smaller.

Thanks
Tom

jimtoo

Hey,,, if your looking for names..how about making a nice big one.. The TEXAN,,,or how about an Okie,, for Oklahoma,, or the Yankee,, for the Northern part,, the Southerner,,, for the South.. drag up the cannon... make a Rebel.. :)

porthole

Retired
I'm working on two shortie floor plans that I will have the forum members take a look at soon and a great FL. I'm excited for everyone to see them.

Up until the 2014 Hershey show I saw no front living room models that piqued my curisoity. But, they are coming around fast.

Things i didn't like previously and would steer me away:

1) Seating positons in the front living room. Our next trailer will have the "large" TV directly opposite the recliners. No head turning to watch TV.
2) Uncomfortable couches due to the "platform" design.
2) Small cramped kitchens.
3) Narrow cave like hallway to bedroom
4) Having to pass through the bathroom to get to the bedroom e.g. no split baths.
5) Lack of a half bath option.

Unfortunately, I think the ideal FL will be one of the larger 41+ rigs

jbeletti

Duane,

It doesnt have a half-bath, but you ought to see the Charleston. The prototype had a 65" LED TV "across" from the recliners. When sitting in the recliners, it felt like you were in a den and not in the LR/Kit. It really felt like a separate space.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Yes, the Charleston is a nice unit with the arch way however I think the 65" TV is too big for that short viewing distance. Maybe a smaller option can be thought about.

slaytop

I have to say that I am impressed that Landmark is getting the attention it deserves with a GM that is seriously making it a signature Heartland product. I am also happy to see the progress that is being made to introduce a shorter Landmark. I have enjoyed a 34' Landmark Shenandoah for almost 10 years and am sitting in it now as I write this reply in Florida. I wanted a luxury unit that could be pulled by a 2500HD diesel truck and the old ads pictured the Landmark with that kind of short bed truck. This "classic" trailer was a great choice for us and I hope that the new shorter Landmark will be just as good or better than this and towable with a 2500HD truck.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
55" will probably be the TV we land on.

Thanks,
Tom

Like I said a nice looking unit and if I remember correctly didn't it win Best in Show in Tampa? 55" would be better and has anymore thought gone into increasing GWR to allow for fresh water and our daily full timer consumables?

Jim

porthole

Retired
Duane,

It doesnt have a half-bath, but you ought to see the Charleston. The prototype had a 65" LED TV "across" from the recliners. When sitting in the recliners, it felt like you were in a den and not in the LR/Kit. It really felt like a separate space.

Hey Jim,

If it were not for having surgery late December, as all other things worked out, we probably could have headed south for a week with the rest of our Northern brethren and seen for ourselves.

As for the TV size - I say - go big, our go home :cool:

porthole

Retired
So looking at the concept "Madison" on the corporate site now, that looks like an ideal trailer for a 40' platform to start on.

Personally, I would never buy a trailer that you had to walk past an open toilet to go from one room to the next.

Split baths for those that like them are ok, because you at least have a toilet room, now matter how small it may be. But waking up and have a toilet as your first view - no go.

Bryced15

I'd be surprised if the Madison is actually 36'2" like the website states. That looks like a lot to fit into that short of a unit. Looks like it would have to be at least 40' if not longer.

T

TomMontague

Just noticed the length online. That isn't close. I would guess 41' would be closer to the right number. I will get that fixed next week when I'm back in the office.

Talk soon
Tom

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just noticed the length online. That isn't close. I would guess 41' would be closer to the right number. I will get that fixed next week when I'm back in the office.

Talk soon
Tom

Brochure has it listed as 40' 2".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk