Landmark 365 - Key West

jbeletti

Presently (December 2014), Heartland is shipping two floor plans in the Landmark 365 line - the Newport and the Ashland. There are plans to have about 8 floor plans in total.

Here's the floor plan for the Landmark 365 Key West. If you were in the market for a new Landmark today, Tom Montague would like your feedback on the Key West.

LM_Key West.jpg

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Out of the three new footprints, I like this one the best. Good size pantry and extra storage/coat closet if you don't want the w/d (which my wife does not want) in the coach.

danemayer

Does the bathroom have 2 pocket doors? Can't quite tell if there's a door coming off the stairs?

It looks like the bedroom door has to be latched closed for travel. Given that the bedroom door often has trouble latching if the rig is even slightly off-level, I hope this one will come with an elongated striker plate, even it manufacturing has to change out the standard plate.

The tradeoff between closet space and pantry space could be an issue. I'm wondering about the location of the control panel and circuit breaker panel. If they're in the pantry it would mean the space is very limited. And I'm pretty sure I'd find the noise from the washer/dryer pretty annoying while watching TV. I'd rather go with the washer/dryer up front.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I think it needs a window in the kitchen slide and I would eliminate the second bathroom door next to the bed; having that door takes away from the privacy between bed and bath....

porthole

Retired
W/D in the front cap
No door from the bed to bath, especially if it is that ill fitting sliding door
Some better material then that red cushion under the window.

And is the "going to be standard in all 365's" bottom freezer still standard?

travlingman

Not a fan of having door by the aisle to bedroom, ends up tracking dirt. Would swap pantry and washer/dryer closet. Not a fan of washer/dryer in living area but not much choice in this one. If you have a washer/dryer, then no coat closet in lower level.

kkamshop

Where on earth is the storage- I see the standard bedroom closet and a tiny dresser, very little kitchen storage except for the pantry. Where do we put games, books, movies, pots, pans, small appliances, plates, glasses etc. will it all fit in the pantry? or are there overhead cabinets not shown?

jgilbert

I like this model the best of the new three plans. We will be looking for a new rig in the next couple of years and this plan might just the be bees knees!!

Joe

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
I like this layout but I would keep the w/d in the bedroom much easier to fold and put away clothes when done and make this more useable with cabinet storage especially if you are full timing you need your storage. As for the second door into bath room I personally like it gives you privacy especially if you have unexpected company stop by and you don't want to walk in the hallway to your room. I had it on my bighorn and it was not an issue with securing while traveling. I would like to see the window come back behind the T.V. and have the T.V. drop down for travel as it gives more light in living room area when t.v. is not is use which I have seen and loved in other units but if that is not a feasible option than definitely need a window on the kitchen slide preferably over the counter between stove and t.v. I would not want a window right behind my stove.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
kdubinwa, according to the Heartland website, the length of the Key West is 41'1".

gandmrv

We just purchased a new 2016 Key West 3 weeks ago. We love it....so far. We live in our RV about 8 - 9 months per year. Plenty of storage for our needs, (just in different places than our old unit) we actually have some cabinets with nothing in them..lol. This unit replaced a Sunnybrook Bristol Bay 3450ts, a great unit, but not in the class of the Key West, IMO. Quality, fit and finish seem very good, cabinets are straight, floor feels solid. Everything works as it should so far.

Happy with our purchase so far and would recommend this model
Greg and Mary