Landmark 365 - Charleston

Mrsfish

Re: Pin Weight for Landmark 365 - Charleston

I was driving down Bolder highway here in Las vegas and drove past Walker RV and seen they had two new 365 Landmarks. The wife wanted stop and look at them. Well to make along story short we are getting our new 2016 Charleston this coming Tuesday. Floyd

This is soooo funny. In our house it is my husband who wants to go look at the new rigs "just to see what they've done". I know the real reason he wants a new rig is so he can get a new truck. So see-this game gets played both ways!! Seriously, congrats on your new rig - just don't tell Rick.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Congrats Floyd! Now bring it to Oregon and show it off.

Kristy

Re: New 365 Landmark Floor Plan -- Charleston

Love, love, love the Charleston kitchen, living area and the wood ceiling beam. We are not fans of bedroom/bathroom section. Would love to see it having the Ashland's bedroom/bathroom section. To me, I'd be first in line to buy.

Don't get me wrong here now, I love both designs very much. Just trying to take my 2 favorite sections and put them together!

jbeletti

Love, love, love the Charleston kitchen, living area and the wood ceiling beam. We are not fans of bedroom/bathroom section. Would love to see it having the Ashland's bedroom/bathroom section. To me, I'd be first in line to buy.

Don't get me wrong here now, I love both designs very much. Just trying to take my 2 favorite sections and put them together!

The Ashton? :) Thanks for the feedback.

busted2341

We agree with Scott-Patti. We loved the charleston and much preferred the layout EXCEPT the bedroom bath areas. That was reason we went with the ashland. Had the Charleston had the ashland Bed/Bath we would have gone that way to....Don't misunderstand we love our Ashland!....But.....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

I actually like the Charleston as it is, except for two minor changes....I would like a window in the kitchen above the stove, and I would eliminate the door between the bathroom and bedroom....:)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

To me they need to do a no Outside Kitchen Option.

I actually like the Charleston as it is, except for two minor changes....I would like a window in the kitchen above the stove, and I would eliminate the door between the bathroom and bedroom....:)

kakampers

To me they need to do a no Outside Kitchen Option.

Not so sure it's a kitchen... More of an outside entertainment center...from what I can tell it only has a fridge, TV and maybe a cabinet.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Not so sure it's a kitchen... More of an outside entertainment center...from what I can tell it only has a fridge, TV and maybe a cabinet.

No TV as far as I know, LMs have the Outdoor Entertainment package. But just put a smaller slide in it's place and eliminate the whole thing.

kakampers

It actually has the TV separate on the dinette slide...the other slide has just a fridge, upper cabinet and small prep space...it would be great for entertaining outside.. Keep drinks cold salads, etc...would eliminate a lot of running in and out...I would not mind having it.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Kelly/Kathy - check out RVs for Less website. They have a Charleston in stock. Looking at the pictures, this one doesn't have an outdoor entertainment system but does show the kitchen. The refri even has the Lion's head on it.

kakampers

Kelly/Kathy - check out RVs for Less website. They have a Charleston in stock. Looking at the pictures, this one doesn't have an outdoor entertainment system but does show the kitchen. The refri even has the Lion's head on it.

Byrd...just looked at it...it has both the outdoor kitchen/prep area and the outside entertainment/TV...

rvmckee

Hi Everyone!!
We are new to the forum and prospective buyers. We absolutely fell in love with the Charleston and were so sure that it was "the one" until we went into the front section. Could deal with the bathroom, but the bedroom area was not thought out very well. Just not enough drawers, no cabinets and the closet is too small with the washer/dryer in there. We live in our rig and just could not deal with not having enough storage. But the living, dining and kitchen areas are just beautiful and we have never seen a 5th wheel with such a nice design. And it felt so much more homey compared to the other floorplans. We are now looking at the Ashland because of the storage it offers, but still can't get the Charleston out of our minds. We have just about the same living and kitchen area in our Redwood as the Ashland, but really wanted something different. It would be fun to be able to have the Charleston living and kitchen areas and the bath and bedroom like the Ashland!!! We just might have to wait to see what other floorplans come out. Just our thoughts!
Danette & Fred

Absolutely not nearly enough storage in bed and bath it doesn't even have a medicine cabinet over the bathroom sink.... HL really dropped the ball on this one and the rest of the floor plan is great. I sure hope they are reading this to make some changes for the 2016 models

rvmckee

I definitely agree with you shadetree73. Don't know why they stopped putting a medicine cabinet in the bathroom. I would rather have the medicine cabinet than the sconces on each side. The bedroom definitely needs a bigger closet and more cabinets. The window should be deleted so that there could be cabinets on both sides of the tv. We would rather have more useful space than the window. We need the washer/dryer, but have no idea where they would go. The washer/dryer closet in the Ashland is perfect and so is the split bath. Don't know if they can find a way, but we would definitely get the Charleston in a heartbeat if HL could make some changes to the upper part of the floorplan.

Going back to the bed/bath layout. I'm not bashing Heartland, all the manufacturers do it. The engineers always seem to be 2 steps forward one step back. I also understand peoples tastes in designs.

But using the Ashland and Charleston as examples here, even if Heartland could make the Charleston living/kitchen area and have the Ashland's bed/bath, the issue IMHO is the bedroom space around the bed.

I know if you go queen size you get more room, but even still you are tight along the bathroom wall, and having a slide door near your head while sleeping is not practical in trying to hide odors or the light and privacy because of the gaps. When any manufacturer is trying to sell a high end unit in the $120-170k range, one would and should expect more room around the bed so as not to have to crawl across the mattress to go to sleep. Let's not get into on how to make the bed.

I know people have tricks and things for making the beds, but that's not my point. The point is we should not have to compromise when spending that kind money.

I guess I want my cake and eat it too!

I do a lot of research visiting rv's and I walk away shaking my head at some of these designs.

I like the new Landmark 365's, and I hope to own one some day, but if I am going to spend $100+ I would love to see some change. There are units that have more space in the bed area, but the living/kitchen area are not to my liking.