Dilema

We purchased a 2004 Carriage CarriLite in 2011 and have been full timing in it since. As this unit is getting older we are considering moving up to a 2011 - 2013 model. Since Carriage went out of business in 2011 we are considering a Landmark as a replacement. My wife really likes the San Antonio model as a stack washer/dryer is a must and she doesn't want to give up bedroom closet space.
I have 2 questions that I hope someone out there can help me with:
1) Are there any other former Carriage owners that have made the switch to Landmark and what has been your experience?
2) Where there any major changes/upgrades between the 2011, 2012 and 2013 models?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Tom

Carleen

I imagine you will appreciate the continued support for a Heartland. I have a 2011 and love it. The prior owners full-timed with it. Only indications are wear on the blinds (need re-strung) and bathroom fixtures have heavy buildup from hard water. I needed to do some repairs regarding AC capacitor, water line from hot water tank supply and grey tank Valterra valve. Just as with any RV, there are repairs to be made, but I thought the trailer held up well for 5 full time years. I could easily full time in it, but still need to work and raise kids, so the stick house is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

I think the 4-way Anderson Valve was introduced on 2012 models, changing the way the water system works. I'd think the interior decor and paint/decals changed. Furniture may have changed as well. There's a pretty continuous stream of changes on appliance vendors and models. And I think there might have been a change to frameless windows in 2012 or 2013. The 4 door refrigerator used in 2011 was a Dometic RM1350. In 2012 or 2013 I think it was changed to a comparable Norcold unit. I think the basic construction probably had little or no change from year to year other than to accommodate new floor plans.

Carleen

After reading about the "never cold" I'm happy with our Dometic RM1350. LOL. Like I said- ever year will have issues. I guess it takes research to decide what issues are tolerable. By the way- what is the 4-way Anderson valve?

danemayer

After reading about the "never cold" I'm happy with our Dometic RM1350. LOL. Like I said- ever year will have issues. I guess it takes research to decide what issues are tolerable. By the way- what is the 4-way Anderson valve?

Here's a link to a folder full of Anderson Valve documents. It's a different way of managing water connections to the trailer.

SNOKING

We purchased a 2004 Carriage CarriLite in 2011 and have been full timing in it since. As this unit is getting older we are considering moving up to a 2011 - 2013 model. Since Carriage went out of business in 2011 we are considering a Landmark as a replacement. My wife really likes the San Antonio model as a stack washer/dryer is a must and she doesn't want to give up bedroom closet space.
I have 2 questions that I hope someone out there can help me with:
1) Are there any other former Carriage owners that have made the switch to Landmark and what has been your experience?
2) Where there any major changes/upgrades between the 2011, 2012 and 2013 models?
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Tom

We recently sold our SOB 2005 trailer that we bought new in May 2004. We were starting to get questions and requests for a picture of the trailer from RV Resorts. So we ended up with a new 2017 BH3575el. We are good for another 10 or so years now! We are moving into it full time in two or three weeks.

Chris