Dining Table Chairs

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We decided to unbolt the dining table and then replace the four chairs with just two. These are actually more comfortable than the OEM chairs. We'll look for a couple of wooden folding chairs to keep in the basement for visitors. The big black tablecloth is optional.

I think I'm done changing/fixing things on the rig for this summer, so I think I'll spend the rest of the summer visits doing photo #2. Even the DISH satelite system is working fine now, including the distant network and HBO/Showtime add-ons.

View attachment 20297View attachment 20298

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ya know John, if you move those swivel chairs in the pontoon a bit closer together, you wouldn't have quite the distance to stretch out.:cool:

JohnDar

Ya know John, if you move those swivel chairs in the pontoon a bit closer together, you wouldn't have quite the distance to stretch out.:cool:

Oh heck, another modification is born :(...not!

Retirement "issues" really don't exist. It's been pretty smooth sailing for a tad over 10 years now.

back2nature

What is it with these cats? Yours like to lay where ours does. Can't seem to break them of it (no matter how much spray bottle I use).

If fact, I think you stole our cat for your photo. Look just like ours. Give me my cat back.

shovelguy

My dh also unbolted the table and then turn it lengthwise with our two chairs placed looking out the window. Gives us much more room. j

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have unbolted the table on the last 2 coaches and really like the convience of being able to move the table into the center of the room when other folks come eat. Give ya lots more room and flexability to do other things with the table.

Love the boat (been there, done that) but love the camping better.

JohnDar

What is it with these cats? Yours like to lay where ours does. Can't seem to break them of it (no matter how much spray bottle I use).

If fact, I think you stole our cat for your photo. Look just like ours. Give me my cat back.

Ha, Max believes that any horizontal surface is his domain, particularly if it's my lap stretched out in a recliner. Squirt bottles only result in soggy cats, but a bicycle horn works wonders. I'm pretty sure Max is all or mostly Maine Coon. All 17 lbs. of him.

back2nature

Might have to try the bicycle horn. Both cats seen to like the dining table. I think cuz it's cool and they can see out better. Good vantage point. I don't like them on our eating area, but guess who wins. One cat is a skinny 10 lbs. and the other is 17.5 lbs. I think he looks like a British Shorthair. Very stocky.

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk.

ChopperBill

We took two of our chairs out too. We even ordered an extra chair for the computer area that didnt seem to work out. Now we have 3 chairs in storage. We all should get together and have one giant chair sale. (or maybe Heartland would like to buy 'em back)

JohnDar

We took two of our chairs out too. We even ordered an extra chair for the computer area that didnt seem to work out. Now we have 3 chairs in storage. We all should get together and have one giant chair sale. (or maybe Heartland would like to buy 'em back)

For the computer desk, I "repurposed" a small desk chair I've had for decades and put it in the rig. It's got rollers on it and swivels, so it's easy to move about. Nicely padded, too, so it's more comfortable than the dining table chair I was using.

We have a relative that might be interested in our chairs, so if she is, she gets them. If not, we've got a young couple in the FD that's getting serious, so maybe they could use them. Failing that, maybe a charity will take them.

meandg

crawgator
So when you travel the table is not bolted or tied down? We do not tie the chairs down anymore but wasn't sure how the table would ride if not bolted.

JohnDar

So when you travel the table is not bolted or tied down? We do not tie the chairs down anymore but wasn't sure how the table would ride if not bolted.

We're on a seasonal site, so I won't know the answer to that until late September. I still have the straps and the D-rings are still in the floor, so I still might tie them down, just for g.p.'s.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We had removed the screws from the table and turn it around. Then we took out the chairs and replaced them with 2 new chairs and 2 folding chairs.. Then what I did was take 2 old bath towels, folded them in half and sewed up the sides and put them over the back of the 2 chairs for traveling.. Works very well. Works for us. With the new interior shades and vertial blinds, the 2 new outside window awning, we are all set. The next thing we have to decide is what we are going to do with the matress. When we had our house carpets cleaned this spring, we had them go into the trailer and they cleaned those and BOY, it looked just like new....

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We turned our table and have two chairs facing the window. I use the existing straps to go from the floor by the wall, over the crossbar of the table legs, thru between the seat and back of the chair, and then down to the floor.

Nothing moves this way.

JohnDar

Since we're "into" vertical blinds and considering some folding chairs, do you have any photos of yours? As I've posted earlier, we've replaced the blinds in the rear with verticals and are looking at doing the main slide and the hall windows. I use the existing top valences with an extension, if possible, or rebuild them and use the fabric off the originals. Turning the table around makes if possible to put verticals on that window. We'll have to move the sofa out about an inch or so to clear verticals there.

brlr2000

We also unbolted our table. During travel, we turn the table lengthwise. Much easier to get around the table when the slides are in. We continue to use the existing eyehooks and straps for the table during travel. We've never has a problem with the chairs moving during travel.

JohnDar

We also unbolted our table. During travel, we turn the table lengthwise. Much easier to get around the table when the slides are in. We continue to use the existing eyehooks and straps for the table during travel. We've never has a problem with the chairs moving during travel.

I can see that as an added bonus for us now, too. There have been times at the storage yard where I needed to either move the slide or crawl over the table to get something in or out.