Direct TV Dish

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I have the Direct TV and Bell. Both work off the Vuecube(Kingcontrols) Dish I bought of Fleabay. Works awesome. It goes in the big truck when I am working and in the Cyclone when I am hobby trucking. 2 min for set up and we be watching TV.

I agree with Rigmover06! I have the VuQube, too. Never taken me more than 1 1/2 - 2 minutes to set it up. It self-levels. Don't know about those tripod mounted systems, tho! :)

2010augusta

Having trouble getting any signal...wide open, and yet nothing... Do any of you run into this issue? How easily do you pick up a signal when you first start setting up your dish?

Steve

I have a round dish for DirecTV and once I have the tripod staked down and the satellite wired up to the receivers, I can find a signal within 5 minutes, usually less time. I set the elevation angle to the number provided in the setup screen, then I use a compass to rotate the dish to the correct setting, but leave the bolts for both settings only finger tight. I then have my wife watch the tv set to the signal meters and she yells out the numbers so we can maximize the signal before I lock down the bolts. I bought on of those $10 signal meters, but never used it yet. Using the compass I have been able to have a 56% signal from the start and can fine tune it to 94-98% with in a couple minutes. Since we only move every couple months the tripod works great.

I also have a roof-mounted Winegard sat, but the factory wiring running along the roof/wall somewhere has shorted out and it would be a PITA to get it fixed. Anyways we can't use it most places because of shade trees. In retrospect the roof-mounted dish was a mistake, should of used the money towards a TPMS.

Hope this helps

Draco Dog

We are now full-time rvr's. We have DirecTV. The last couple of monthly billings there has been a $15 tax charge increase. On channel #203 it states that it is regarding a new tax that cable tv is pushing thru for the satellite customers only. I checked out "on-line" the website www.stopsatellitetax.com Is everyone that has satellite TV to be charged this $15 tax charge increase per month? We have had this tax added to our bill the last 2 months, yet friends that are not full-time rvr's have not seen this extra charge on their bill.

Does anyone know what is going on and what can we do about it. If we need to send messages to congress or whatever; how do we find out where to send it.

(ofcourse congress has taken their summer month off), but would like to have an idea on what to do.

Any suggestions???? Thanks, cheri

truknutt

Committed Member
We are now full-time rvr's. We have DirecTV. The last couple of monthly billings there has been a $15 tax charge increase. On channel #203 it states that it is regarding a new tax that cable tv is pushing thru for the satellite customers only. I checked out "on-line" the website www.stopsatellitetax.com Is everyone that has satellite TV to be charged this $15 tax charge increase per month? We have had this tax added to our bill the last 2 months, yet friends that are not full-time rvr's have not seen this extra charge on their bill.

Does anyone know what is going on and what can we do about it. If we need to send messages to congress or whatever; how do we find out where to send it.

Any suggestions???? Thanks, cheri

Did you look at the information provided by link that you cited? They have provided you a draft letter that can be sent to your elected officials (if they accept e-mail correspondence). The draft letter can be edited to suit your situation; I did. Thanks for providing that link by the way.

VMS

Hi Everyone,

Forgot that I posted this about my dish connection. I found the problem. It was in the way the cables and such were installed on the trailer. For some reason, there are people out there who just put things together without really thinking about what should go with what. So...the two coax fittings to go to the exterior of the trailer were switched. The one that said satellite was not for the satellite....

I also found that the speakers for the stereo system were all odd as well. I had at one time speakers that would work in the bedroom at the same time the exterior speakers worked. So...I got that one fixed as well.

So...all is good in the audio-video department on the trailer now.

Thanks for all the replies everyone..

Steve

Wharton

We RV about 5 months of the year, move our receiver from the S&B to the RV. We have a "Distant Network Service" waiver with Direct TV and change drop our local stations and add the national ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and PBS stations, both east and west coast. Has worked without a hitch(except for people at Direct TV who don't understand DNS service, just call back until you get someone who does) for 10 years. We use a tripod and have about 100' of coax wo we can set it anyplace.