DirecTV SAT receive problem

porthole

Retired
We recently had an issue with out SAT signal. This particular time I was using my portable antenna..

Symptoms were frequent 771 errors, many HD channels not available and pixelation.

One thing I noticed when checking the signal, SAT 101 had good SNR on most of the 32 transponders. The other two SATs (99 and 103) had low or 0 SNR.

I tried several times to align the antenna. As it turned out, the LNB was bad. Don’t know how or why. Confirmed the problem with swapping out the house’s LNB.

Amazon for a new LNB and all is good.

If you haven’t done it, it might be a suggestion to check your signals when you know all is good, take pictures of the screen and keep handy.

wdk450

Something to try without a great deal of electronic logic behind it, is try a different (preferably NEW) coax cable. Lots of weird stuff with satellite wide band signals can happen with compromised coax that doesn't have a full bandwith.

porthole

Retired
Something to try without a great deal of electronic logic behind it, is try a different (preferably NEW) coax cable. Lots of weird stuff with satellite wide band signals can happen with compromised coax that doesn't have a full bandwith.

Coax was was the first thing I did. We carry several different lengths.