Problems with TV satellite/cable connections on RV

caissiel

I have the 2009 BC and the satelight connections are paired. 2 going to the roof and 2 going to TV1 and 2.
They are paired in the UDC, Bedroom cable and roof satelite, Livingroom cable and roof satelite. A jumper required if roof satelite used.
The CATV and Arial TV is similar to drawing.

robnmo

We just recently purchased a new Cyclone 3950 and trying to get ready to go full time rving. Have tried to set up the satelite but no success yet.
Cannot find the diagram mentioned in the forum for the cable and satelite tv connections. Would really apprecaite some help.

Well if you've got 2 Satellite connections in the UDC and it's like our 3612 what I found was Satellite hookup closest to the front feeds the living room (main tv) and the other hookup in the UDC feeds the connection in the cargo hold.............we still haven't figured out which one of the two feeds the satellite hookup in the bedroom closet, we tried both and had no satellite reception in the bedroom? Hopefully figure that one out this week.

yepuhuh

mine are probably mis marked as well. Could you provide pictures of how you got set up?
Called the stealership yesterday to ask their tech that installed it how he wired it. Short story they wanted to charge me 1.5 hours @116.00 an hour to figure out how they wired it. I mean they installed the thing and it doesn't work as supposed to....I can get the dish guy out here for free and he can figure out...duh?

wolfrat1

does anyone know why the factory won't put satellite connections in all of their rv's? i'm picking up a 2012 north trail 30rkdd in two weeks it still has the connection for cable company. i see more satellites in rv parks than cable hookups. the answer i got from the factory is that they put the connections in the higher end 5th wheels but not the north trails. so now i have to paid extra to get my trailer set for satellite. doesn't quite seem to make sense to me. it would seem easier to wire it from the factory and include the cost in the price of the trailer. i was told the cost could vary from $100 to 275. it cost me $140 to have a dish network tech come out and rewire my 30rlss.

Last edited:

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=8495&d=1274185778
I KNOW THIS REPLY IS TO A POST FROM OVER A YEAR(5-18-2010) AGO, BUT THIS LOOKS SIMILAR TO MY WIRING MESS TOO. SHOULD A NEW UNIT HAVE TO RESORT TO THIS WIRING TO GET A TV TO WORK ON A $60,000.00+ RV?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
HAY.... That's my mess...:p...
My BH is a 2008 and we didn't have a DVR until our receiver died and we got a new DVR. I wanted a satellite source going to my bedroom and two to the entertainment for the DVR. My Satellite only has 2 LNB's so I put in the multiswitch.

I don't know how Heartland can prewire all their units that would meet the needs of everyone that purchased a trailer.

What do you all think the wiring should be like. Also be sure to include what should be there for any future systems that would be available.

BC

yepuhuh

I KNOW THIS REPLY IS TO A POST FROM OVER A YEAR(5-18-2010) AGO, BUT THIS LOOKS SIMILAR TO MY WIRING MESS TOO. SHOULD A NEW UNIT HAVE TO RESORT TO THIS WIRING TO GET A TV TO WORK ON A $60,000.00+ RV?

What a mess......I bought two connector cables and am going to give that a try next....If I get it to work, I will post how i did it....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

No it should not, that's why mine looks like this. I have a satellite reciever in the bedroom and DVR satellite reciever in the living room.

UDC.JPG
Peace
Dave

wolfrat1

hello all. my orginal question was why does heartland put a satellite hookup along with the cable hookup? i am by no means a wiring genius. it just seem it would be easier to place both connections and have some type of switch that could go between cable and satellite. this would be easier than buying the trailer and either having it done at a dealership or having a tech come out to the camp site and rewrite like i did. just add the cost to the price of the trailer. i'm not a big fan of paying extra, but it would sure make life a lot easier. i still buying my north trail 300rkdd though. very nice unit. trading my 30rlss in for it.

Last edited:

danemayer

The TV antenna and cable input already share wiring. That's why you have to turn the amp on for TV and off for cable. If you plug satellite into the cable input, I think the amplifier screws up the satellite signal whether it's on or off. That's why they have a separate wire for satellite. There's a thread that suggests using a diplexer to allow satellite to share wiring with cable/antenna, but when I tried it, it didn't work for me.

Now that so many of us have satellite with DVR, we need two wires to the DVR and a third wire to the bedroom receiver.

wolfrat1

hello and thanks for the response. i tried a diplexer as well and it didn't work. i didn't want to dish out the extra cash on rewiring a brand new trailer, but i guess i will have to. hey heartland, are you paying attention? there are enough people having to rewire their trailers. maybe something can be done with the new builds. i was going to buy a satellite from the dealer, but opted not to when they told me the price of the rewire job on top of buying the satellite antenna.

wdk450

Gang:
As far as finding the online wiring diagram:
1) Click on the "Tools" tab at the top of this (any forum) page
2) Click on "Manuals"
3) Click on "Electronics"
4 Click on "Coax Layouts"
5) Click on your trailer model (Cyclone)

Here is the direct link: http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...Warrior/CY-RW_Coax_Wiring_Layout_08-05-08.pdf

I have an '08 Bighorn, bring my Dish Network receiver from home with me, have it wired up for backfeeding to the bedroom TV, just like it is at home. It always works great (if my dish coax connections are good - contact spray helps), and I can find the darn satellites. I am getting a Digital Sat finder for the next trip.

Hope this helps.

trippingt

My 3950 Cyclone also did not have the cable connected. Last night I successfully put a satelite spliter to feed a diplexar to the bedroom. The diplexar allows cable and satelite to run down the same line but splits it into two lines at the cable connections. I was able to watch two different satellite shows. One in the bedroom across the diplexas and one in the living room straight from the splitter with the receivers in Multiswitch mode off the same single 18" dish feed.

Trippingt

trippingt

They used a cable spliter on my satelite line instead of a satellite spliter. I would double check to make sure that the right one is there. A cable splitter stops passing data after 900MHz. A satellite splitter needs to go up to 2+Ghz.

yepuhuh

Well this didn't work for me. I hooked up my receiver nd could not get any kind of signal. I guess I need to call dish out to take care of it.