Problems with TV satellite/cable connections on RV

yepuhuh

Here's what I got.

The VIP922 receiver in my house will not work with the winegard st8000 mini-dome.
Reason i was told is it requires two inputs from the satelite.

i was told the vip211 is a receiver per tv and that is what will work for me.

Do you have any further thoughts about that?

Sandpirate69

Question or several, I have an 18" dish that can feed up to 4 receivers. Tell me if this is possible. I would like to use one coax from the dish and feed it into a splitter and connect three regular directv receivers. Can this be done? If not then I will go to the HD dish and use a 110 volt powered splitter which will enable me to connect one cable to the dish and three coax off of the splitter into 3 receivers. I'm trying to make do with what I have. 2nd option would be to connect 3 coax to the dish and 3 cables to the 3 receivers. Please assist. You can email me directly on the private side or email me @ ivan_roiz@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance.

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
I want to say I am very happy with my satellite wiring setup. Well, ok... Happier than most on this thread. The only problem I found was the labeling was incorrect. Out of four connectors in the UDC, one goes to the bedroom (mis-labeled) and one goes to living room (mis-labeled). Just a suggestion Heartland, since people like their TVs, please make sure your wiring is correctly labeled and properly works.:)

wdk450

I know that this is an old post, but thought I would put in what I know.
I am using my home VIP222 with a portable dish 1000 (3 LMB's - HD). Within the LMB block it combines the LMB signals so you just need 1 cable to the reciever. At the receiver you need a satellite dish seperator that gives you 2 signals for your 2 receiver dish inputs. This is a special splitter, so you might have to find a satellite expert who can get you the part.
Check page 5 on this link: http://www.satelliteone.com/support-files/DISH_1000_Installation_Guide.pdf

Here's what I got.

The VIP922 receiver in my house will not work with the winegard st8000 mini-dome.
Reason i was told is it requires two inputs from the satelite.

i was told the vip211 is a receiver per tv and that is what will work for me.

Do you have any further thoughts about that?