Disappearing Tires

KHinson

2008 F450 King Ranch
I had a similar issue on my 2007 Cyclone. After returning from an approx 2400 mile round trip I found all 6 tires worn. When I checked them before leaving the day before they were fine. I also checked them at the campsite as well as the torque of the lug nuts. Everything was in spec. It was our first trip in the RV and since the tires were new, it took awhile to wear them down enough to notice, I guess.

Luckily it was under warranty. Our dealer worked with the axle manufacturer as I was told that Heartland buys the frames with the axles already on them (didn't verify). Anyway, all 3 axles had been welded incorrectly at the factory, and 3 new ones had to be installed and centered plus 6 new tires.

NOTE: My dealer assumed the RV axle brakes had been adjusted properly from the factory so they didn't check them (found this out after the next trip down a 7% grade and burning up the brakes and discs on my 2002 F350 Dually).

Recommend if you get new axles or have been using the RV for a while, to periodically check the adjustment of the drum brakes yourself. I trusted the dealer when he said it was good to go-- And paid for it.

Keith

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you have to pay for the suspension repair out of your pocket then consider doing what I did. I had axle problems, so blowouts etc and decided to put the Mor-ryde IS system on the coach. When they do this they completely remove your axles and the IS system is then mounted. Your rig is properly aligned at the time of the installation. My unit pulls better, the tires quit wearing goofy, and I feel alot safer when towing. Oh, while I was at it I got the neverlube bearing and disc brakes put on also. Now I dont have to worry about lubing bearing or adjusting brakes. And it stops without worrying. It was well worth the price.