Disc Brake Controller

Titanguy

Re: ATF: Landmark - Brake Controller

Dexter's wiring diagram is a little confusing. While it appears that Black, White and yellow wires are all wired into the battery, the description is a little different.
A couple of things.
Most OE Landmark installs have the actuator behind the basement wall. If wiring only goes to the battery compartment 12 Ga. is fine. If White & Black are wired into the junction box where the pig tail hooks in, 10 Ga. wire should be used.
Black wire should be wired to power wire ahead of the battery cut off switch. I wire this into the junction box power wire bundle.
White wire can be wired to negative side of house battery. I always wire this to the Neutral/Ground wires in the junction box.
Yellow wire diagram shows being wired into the + side of the house battery/Breakaway but description says to wire it to the cold side of the breakaway switch which would be the top wire on the switch.
I would check this wire. Follow the cold side wire to the junction box. It is probably wired in with the blue wire bundle. This wire should be wired directly to the yellow wire on the actuator with no other wires attached.

As we are now part of Dexter, I am checking on the yellow wire to be sure there should be no other wires connected other than the cold side breakaway switch wire.