Disc Brake option

mlpeloquin

They only offer it on the top end Landmark 365 line. They are built on the same assembly line along with the Big Horn and Big Country. It may be used as an incentive to move up. Not all options are available on Big Horn or Big Country that are on the Landmarks. At the Quartzite rally this year, I could have gotten disk brakes put on at my site for 2.5K.

wdk450

Talk to your selling dealer about this. He should be able to arrange a disk brake install on your new Big Country through MorRyde in Elkhart, before they tow it out to you. When I was at MorRyde for my disk brake install, I saw a few brand new units towed there by the RV transport companies for upgrades. If you can do this, I would think long and hard about getting independent suspension, too, and get rid of the springs, shackles, equalizers and bushings and their need for continuing maintenance and their wear and tear.

wehavefun

I couldn't agree more, just have the Mor Ryde Independent suspension and disk brakes installed you will be very pleased!

Bob Vaughn

We were looking at a 2016 Big Country with the loft option. So I asked the dealer about installing disk brakes on this unit and we got an answer back to day that it would VOID the warranty. Are you kidding me? They just lost a sale. Oh by the way it was camping world and the mgr. made this statement. It took a week to get this answer.........so I guess they do not need to sell Heartland products.....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that the CW mangler is wrong in his statement.
The only way that the warranty can be voided is if they can prove that a warrantied item was caused by the installation of the disk brakes.
The burden of proof is on them.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

I'm pretty sure that the CW mangler is wrong in his statement.
The only way that the warranty can be voided is if they can prove that a warrantied item was caused by the installation of the disk brakes.
The burden of proof is on them.

Peace
Dave

Dave:
I love the job title at CW of "Mangler"!!!

Westwind

Dave:
I love the job title at CW of "Mangler"!!!

I definitely would check directly with Heartland and bypass Camping World. It wouldn't surprise me if they never called. It would also not surprise me if they didn't have anyone capable of doing warranty work on Disk Brakes systems .

Bob Vaughn

Oh by the way I went to another CW 150 miles from the first one and spent 3 hours looking at a Big Horn......The sales man was supposed to call me with the price plus installing disc brakes......that has been over 6 months and the only thing I have heard is from a camping world district mgr. that said some one will contact me........I guess I will be dead and buried before they get around to calling me.....

wdk450

Well, if the local Florida dealers don't want your business, get on the internet (E-Bay Motors?) and find another Bighorn dealer somewhere else in the U.S. who will get you what you want at a good price.