Disc Brake w/Upgraded Axles Question

Hunter11

I was under the impression when I ordered this package you get disc brakes with 8k axles, am I wrong about this? We just got back home from picking up our new Landmark with this package and I happened to crawl under it to drain the fresh water tank and saw the tags on both axles that said 7k. I was told before we ordered it would come with 8k axles and disc brakes. It does have disc brakes but I am not happy that it has 7k axles under it after being told this package included 8k axles. I have to call Heartland Monday on a couple of other warranty issues and would like to know for sure I should have 8k axles. Do any other Landmark owners with this package have the 8k axles?

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I had the same question about my 8K axels labeled as 7K. I received paperwork from Heartland stating the 7K axels are CSA, Canadian Standard Axel. American 8K is equal to Canadian 7K. I would push for build spec sheet proving such as I did for proof.

WCW

The build sheet states disc brakes with upgraded axles. My dealer called Heartland and was told that they are not 8K. But I wanted the disc brakes so I went with the option.

Hunter11

I wanted the disc brake option as well but also was expecting 8k axles as the upgrade. If they are not installing 8k axles what do call an "upgraded" axle?

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
On your axle should be label with all the info about the axel in question. If Dexter, call Dexter and get their definitive description of the axle, they built it not HL so they will know what it is.

Last edited:

Hunter11

After calling Heartland this morning about some warranty issues I asked about this option we ordered and paid for. The person I talked to called sales and the plant manager and he was told they do not put 8k axles on anymore and that this option is disc brakes only. I asked what is the "upgraded axle" part of this option then which he said there is no axle upgrade. I expressed my disappointment in this option as I was told and read the axles would be upgraded from 7k to 8k and disc brakes added. I think Heartland needs to address this on their option list as it is misleading.