Disc Brakes available?

bdb2047

At a seminar today put on by Titan Brakes.Presenter said Heartland will now install disc brakes if customer wants.True?

K

karykatz

Heartland will not install disc brakes, but you can have them installed after you purchase your unit.

bdb2047

Duane,I plan on doing it when back home.Was considering their kit but this staement and others by presenter has me looking elsewhere.He also says our trucks still need adapter for disc brakes to work w/factory controler. stoppind at Morryde for IS on way home so will talk to them but plan on doing myself

porthole

Retired
Dave, your truck has a compatible controller if Titan is using a Carlisle pump.
you have the through the dash to switch between electric or electric over hydraulic brakes.

Ben at MOR/ryder is easy to work with. They will sell the kit or do the install. Since you will already be there and half the work is being done you only need to think about the cost difference of it installed or the kit price.

My personal opinion with the wheel bearing choice is the standard bearings, pass on the Never-lube.
Going to the local rally's this year?

bdb2047

Duane,I talked a little to Ben he said they do not really have a kit gave me some good info.I'll make decision about brakes when there.We don't plan to be home till Aug so will miss most of local rallys Gillette is in plans.Titan says they make thier own and repsonse time is shortest of all.But as I said presenter was not entirly accurate on other statements.

porthole

Retired
Check Kodiak's website. Also check with Jon here on the site, he as well as Cookie installed their own brake kits.