Disc Brakes

CoveredWagon

Where did you have your disc brakes installed. We're you able to schedule a date for the install or was a drop it off and hope and pray?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oregon_Camper

I seem to remember a lot of the rallies offer this service. I know the PNW Rally in 2 weeks is offering this service.

dewwood

At Morryde you make an appointment then you can stay there, they have hookups, or you can drop it off then pick it up. I live about 65 miles away so I stayed there the night before, had to be there early, then went home the next night and returned the next day. They do good work.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Performance Trailer Braking does installs at your location. They come to you. However, they have been offering some deals when they are commissioned to be at a Heartland Rally. I think the do it all in one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TikiDawg

We're having them installed by Performance Trailer Brakes at the Canyonville Rally in a couple weeks on our LM 365.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jayc

Legendary Member
I took our trailer to the installer's town and they came out to the fairgrounds and they did the install. Ron Russell's guy did super job. I recommend Performance Tralier Brakes!

Anybody have the factory installed disc brake package? I will be receiving my landmark 365 Newport soon and I was wondering if anybody else has this and how has it been working out. Any problems with compatibility? I tow with a 2016 f-350 dually diesel. Any problems that I should be aware of before my predelivery inspection? Thank you in advance for any and all help offered.

pegmikef

I took our trailer to the installer's town and they came out to the fairgrounds and they did the install. Ron Russell's guy did super job. I recommend Performance Tralier Brakes!

Ron's crew came to me at the Big Red Barn in Carthage, Mo where we were spending a few days and installed mine in a few days. I add my recommendation for Performance Trailer Brakes to Jay's and the others.

wdk450

Besides letting me stay in one of their water/electric hookup spaces for about a week post national rally before my appointment, MorRyde even let me stay in the rig, in the shop overnight during the install. No motel charges!

ksucats

Anybody have the factory installed disc brake package? I will be receiving my landmark 365 Newport soon and I was wondering if anybody else has this and how has it been working out. Any problems with compatibility? I tow with a 2016 f-350 dually diesel. Any problems that I should be aware of before my predelivery inspection? Thank you in advance for any and all help offered.

Congratulations on your new coach. I have a 2015 with the factory disc brake option - super package and worked fine with my integrated brake controller on my 2015 and now on my 2017 Fords. Just be sure you change the controller over to the correct electric over hydraulic setting. If you have not had disc brakes on a coach before be prepared for a most enjoyable stopping experience. They stop better, shorter, and don't fade on long downhill grades (they may a bit but I honestly can't say I've ever noticed any fade going over the mountains between Colorado and New Mexico. Much MUCH better than drum brakes!!)

That said - one concern I do have is that mine has the Dexter axles and Dexter branded disc brake setup. I don't know what Landmark is installing these days but for Dexter the calipers and disc pads are different than the Kodiak brakes - appears that replacement parts are much more expensive. Hopefully I don't see that need for a LONG time. You can tell which ones you have by taking a look at them. Kodiak are marked as such.

Congratulations on your new coach. I have a 2015 with the factory disc brake option - super package and worked fine with my integrated brake controller on my 2015 and now on my 2017 Fords. Just be sure you change the controller over to the correct electric over hydraulic setting. If you have not had disc brakes on a coach before be prepared for a most enjoyable stopping experience. They stop better, shorter, and don't fade on long downhill grades (they may a bit but I honestly can't say I've ever noticed any fade going over the mountains between Colorado and New Mexico. Much MUCH better than drum brakes!!)

That said - one concern I do have is that mine has the Dexter axles and Dexter branded disc brake setup. I don't know what Landmark is installing these days but for Dexter the calipers and disc pads are different than the Kodiak brakes - appears that replacement parts are much more expensive. Hopefully I don't see that need for a LONG time. You can tell which ones you have by taking a look at them. Kodiak are marked as such.
Thank you very much for your reply I have been told that mine will also have the Dexter disc brake package also. Glad to hear that they perform well .. My first time around with disc brakes on a trailer. With a larger fifth wheel like this I was hoping that it would be an improvement over the electric brakes.

curious us about the weight distribution also. Have you weighed your trailer axles for the weights on the left side and the right side also? Just thinking about the slides, kitchen, big reefer, and bathroom all on the driver side. Don't know if they put a larger spring pack on that side or if I am concerned for no reason..thanks again for any and all replies.

ksucats

Have not weighed side to side or separate wheels - only done the CAT scales bit with all four on the pad. I have the same concern though - I have often wondered just how much weight is on that one side -- Entertainment center, full kitchen to include residential fridge, and although not in the slide, the stacked washer and dryer are on that side of the coach as well. As for running gear - it appears to be the very same as the other side.

Okay thanks, I get my new fifth wheel in about 2 weeks .,I should be able to weigh it empty at that time. But as long as it's working fine I guess that's the main thing thanks for the reply