Disconnect for a Sundance 2900MK

ash

I'm going to be putting my fifth wheel into storage for the first time this week. I looked around the battery for a switch but didn't see one. I did see some wires leading out of the battery and connecting to different areas, didn't know if I should remove those connections. If anyone has experience with this model I would appreciate any help. Did look in the owners manual, but it's generic to all models and types and doesn't provide much info to my model.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Our former Sundance 2900MK did NOT have a battery disconnect. I always disconnected the battery cables at the battery when the unit was stored. Not a big deal as the cables were held on the battery post with wing nuts. The installation of a battery disconnect switch would make the procedure quicker but is really not needed.

berky

You can also lift the wire from the battery negative terminal and accomplish the same thing. There's probably just one wire there.

If you are going to be in storage for a few months, you might also remove the batteries from the smoke and CO detectors. The low battery chirping drives the local critters nuts. :rolleyes: