Disgruntled Customer? (janjane thread on RV.net)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Wow...how did someone add the "(janjane thread on RV.net)" to the title of this thread? I didn't do that! :confused:

I changed the thread title. I track a lot of Heartland issues on various forums. By "adding to" the original thread title - it helps me keep matter organized and tied together.

Jim

jbeletti

Good for you on keeping the haterz and pot stirrers accountable. I'm praying that you get an acceptable resolution soon and that you post that resolution in detail on both forums. Accountability is important.

I got involved in this one as soon as I saw it posted on RV.net, then I followed it through to where we are now. The customer never reached out to me, nor did I reach out to them. I worked behind the scene as I usually do.

In the end, the issue is that there is some spider cracking in the front cap, near the top and the unit is 7 months out of warranty.

The conclusion is that Service will not cover the this repair, this far out of warranty. Sad for the customer - I understand completely. At some point beyond a 12 month warranty, Customer Service is not willing to stretch it further.

I apologize that we are unable to stretch to cover this, 19 months after purchase.

Jim Beletti

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sometimes people think if they yell long enough and loud enough they will get their way regardless of what the situation is. Thanks Jim for clarification. Seems that most reasonable people would not expect any manufacturer to cover their product 6 months out of warrant. I don't know of any auto manufacturer that would cover their product under those circumstances. Or home manufacturer, or appliance manufacturer etc. etc.

talley

;);)
I got involved in this one as soon as I saw it posted on RV.net, then I followed it through to where we are now. The customer never reached out to me, nor did I reach out to them. I worked behind the scene as I usually do.

In the end, the issue is that there is some spider cracking in the front cap, near the top and the unit is 7 months out of warranty.

The conclusion is that Service will not cover the this repair, this far out of warranty. Sad for the customer - I understand completely. At some point beyond a 12 month warranty, Customer Service is not willing to stretch it further.

I apologize that we are unable to stretch to cover this, 19 months after purchase.

Jim Beletti

I was washing the roof of the BH a couple of months ago and saw some "spider cracks" at the corner of the rear cap. The BH is 24 months out of warranty. I read the warrant coverage when I bought the RV, and understood the coverage and limits. Also bought extended warranty and read and understood the limits of that warrant. Thus, I did not pursue a warranty claim with Heartland or my extended warranty. But... if Heartland wants to change their mind and cover "spider cracks" on my unit, please put me on the list and I will make my BH available!!;);)

biggziff

;);)

I was washing the roof of the BH a couple of months ago and saw some "spider cracks" at the corner of the rear cap. The BH is 24 months out of warranty. I read the warrant coverage when I bought the RV, and understood the coverage and limits. Also bought extended warranty and read and understood the limits of that warrant. Thus, I did not pursue a warranty claim with Heartland or my extended warranty. But... if Heartland wants to change their mind and cover "spider cracks" on my unit, please put me on the list and I will make my BH available!!;);)

I'd be careful poking fun at the demise of others...there, but for the Grace of God go ye.....

talley

I'd be careful poking fun at the demise of others...there, but for the Grace of God go ye.....

Oh, I am well aware that "but for the Grace of God go ye"!! That is exactly one of the reasons I follow the outcome of some of these service issues. I form an opinion of what attitude I may be met with should I have such an issue (and I have had issues rejected by Heartland). I was not poking fun at the OP. Indeed, if their spider cracks are repaired, I would like for mine to be considered for repair!!:) I really think that the dealer gave her false hope that Heartland would extend repair service for the out of warrant RV.

biggziff

Oh, I am well aware that "but for the Grace of God go ye"!! That is exactly one of the reasons I follow the outcome of some of these service issues. I form an opinion of what attitude I may be met with should I have such an issue (and I have had issues rejected by Heartland). I was not poking fun at the OP. Indeed, if their spider cracks are repaired, I would like for mine to be considered for repair!!:) I really think that the dealer gave her false hope that Heartland would extend repair service for the out of warrant RV.

Glad to hear it...and best wishes with your issues also.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

jbeletti

User janjane asked for her account to be deleted. Her request was carried out and as such, guest appears on her posts. As she will no longer be contributing to this thread - I am closing it.

Jim
Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.