Disgruntled Customer? (janjane thread on RV.net)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jason, you telling me that you can't fix the weather??? Boy are you falling down on the job. Yes, to what you stated...........but my normal response to those kind of people is. Really??..........you are the "KING OF SIAM"?...wow. But "frankly Scarlet...I don't give a D**M". Just one of my normal disclaimers.

Last edited:

BIG_ZD

That because I quit that job about 5 years ago. I got tired of listening to the complain so I got back at them. I became an air traffic controller. Now I can really make them late!!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
OK my fellow Heartlanders. This thread as well as another have been turning both political and personal. I understand the OP's concerns but this is getting like a forum I don't visit very often for exactly that reason. Let's let the politics and other comments rest until this situation is resolved as we all believe it will be. Thanks!;)

SilverRhino

Thank you Ray

OK my fellow Heartlanders. This thread as well as another have been turning both political and personal. I understand the OP's concerns but this is getting like a forum I don't visit very often for exactly that reason. Let's let the politics and other comments rest until this situation is resolved as we all believe it will be. Thanks!;)

Ray......thanks for the great job you do keeping us all in line and on track.....it's a thankless task!

sunflower

An old cowboy friend of mine used to say"some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope".Try volunteering as a marshal on a golf course!!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I had no intention of creating a problem...just struggling to get the information I need to be confident in making the "Heartland" choice! I come across those types of posts because I am looking everywhere for information. Yes, the internet is only one source and only to be taken within that context but it is convenient and entertaining.

I apologize if I created any “dissention” in the ranks! I really am not a troll or a trouble maker!
<O:p</O:p
Best wishes! Have a great Holiday Season!

PS My favorite "hanging" quote is from Buddy Rich...talking about a fellow jazzer he said "He couldn't swing if you hung him"

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
SJH, no problem here. Keep on coming back. Sometimes people post things that are just to funny to pass up. If you like the Heartland products and purchase one...you will be happy. Are they perfect ...no...but none of them are. Heartland is the only builder that I have ever seen that moniters and answer's question on an open forum. Good luck on your purchase.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had no intention of creating a problem...just struggling to get the information I need to be confident in making the "Heartland" choice! I come across those types of posts because I am looking everywhere for information. Yes, the internet is only one source and only to be taken within that context but it is convenient and entertaining.

I apologize if I created any “dissention” in the ranks! I really am not a troll or a trouble maker!
<O:p</O:p
Best wishes! Have a great Holiday Season!

PS My favorite "hanging" quote is from Buddy Rich...talking about a fellow jazzer he said "He couldn't swing if you hung him"

And, so, what is your decision based on what you've found? Will it be a Heartland?

SJH

And, so, what is your decision based on what you've found? Will it be a Heartland?

You'll be the first to know! :D

Shuffling through all the comments negative and positive plus some great PM's from members here and over at RV.net, all have me leaning towards the Heartland. It's a beautiful looking rig and has what we want in both features and floorplan. For some reason, I have it in my mind I need to do the Tacoma, WA. RV show before signing a deal. It happens the first week of January.

Thanks for asking!

J

janjane

I am she and shame on you all for being so judgmental!!!

:mad: These responses here and on the other RV forum have blown my mind and I thought I was done posting until someone advised me to look here. Geez talk about feeling like we are being attacked personally!! So for those of you who chose to judge us without even knowing us let me clear some things up for you shall we? Let me begin by saying.......

Are we broke? No... Can we afford our RV? Yes

My husband has had the same job now for 36 years and makes a good living if you really need to know.

I work in health care....you want to talk customer service well gee I could really tell you some stories....and yes I also make a good living.

Did we FIRST go thru our dealer on our issue with our RV? Yes

Did the dealer send pictures and correspond with Heartland? Yes

Did the dealer advise us on their expertise that Heartland should cover this problem even though our warranty was up? Yes

After the dealer was denied coverage by Heartland did the dealer advise us to call Heartland and ask why they denied? Yes

Did we call Heartland and ask why? Yes. Did we yell/scream at Heartland? No.

Did we tell Heartland we were disappointed at their decision? Yes

Did we follow up with a phone call to our dealer letting them know we did call Heartland? Yes

Let me end by saying shame on you, all of you for judging someone you don't even no in such a harsh way.:( I guess there truly are lemons in all walks of life...people, vehicles, RV's, homes, etc......

Bless those of you that had such kindness and wise words.:angel:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
No one attacked you personally...you were asked repeatedly on RV.net to provide additional detail and pictures, etc. so others could understand your situation, and hopefully offer assistance. You never provided any information that wasn't, for the lack of a better term, quite vague. If you would have simply provided requested information, people would not have made certain assumptions about your situation. If you didn't want to provide details...then why even bother posting about your problem.

Actually, your subsequent replys concerning your warranty period showed that it was expired earlier this year...why would you think Heartland would be responsible for cracks, which, from your last description, appear to be in the front cap where it meets the roof...not the roof itself? See I have to assume this, because your description is again, rather vague.

Listening to the service department is all well in good, however, you had to know your warranty had expired. If you wanted Heartland's assistance, outside your warranty period, didn't you think bashing them in public would be counter-productive? :confused:

SJH

Wow...how did someone add the "(janjane thread on RV.net)" to the title of this thread? I didn't do that! :confused:

lcdrdean

I would have to say that there are those type of people out there that are never happy money or no money. I use to work with many millionaires and big buisness booking trips for them on private jets and they can be even worse. They expect everything and when something that goes wrong out of your hand ie the weather, they expect you to play God and fix everything now.

That's just called "spoiled".

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You'll be the first to know! :D

Shuffling through all the comments negative and positive plus some great PM's from members here and over at RV.net, all have me leaning towards the Heartland. It's a beautiful looking rig and has what we want in both features and floorplan. For some reason, I have it in my mind I need to do the Tacoma, WA. RV show before signing a deal. It happens the first week of January.

Thanks for asking!

Checking out the RV shows is the way to go :D. I was all over the models that interested us "like white on rice." We did a couple of shows and a dealership before settling on the HL. And I scoured manufacturer websites, too. We were leaning towards a couple of other brands until we saw the 3670. And at the shows, I heard a few horror stories from owners of the other brands, as well. Best of luck on whatever you decide.

biggziff

Good for you on keeping the haterz and pot stirrers accountable. I'm praying that you get an acceptable resolution soon and that you post that resolution in detail on both forums. Accountability is important.

:mad: These responses here and on the other RV forum have blown my mind and I thought I was done posting until someone advised me to look here. Geez talk about feeling like we are being attacked personally!! So for those of you who chose to judge us without even knowing us let me clear some things up for you shall we? Let me begin by saying.......

Are we broke? No... Can we afford our RV? Yes

My husband has had the same job now for 36 years and makes a good living if you really need to know.

I work in health care....you want to talk customer service well gee I could really tell you some stories....and yes I also make a good living.

Did we FIRST go thru our dealer on our issue with our RV? Yes

Did the dealer send pictures and correspond with Heartland? Yes

Did the dealer advise us on their expertise that Heartland should cover this problem even though our warranty was up? Yes

After the dealer was denied coverage by Heartland did the dealer advise us to call Heartland and ask why they denied? Yes

Did we call Heartland and ask why? Yes. Did we yell/scream at Heartland? No.

Did we tell Heartland we were disappointed at their decision? Yes

Did we follow up with a phone call to our dealer letting them know we did call Heartland? Yes

Let me end by saying shame on you, all of you for judging someone you don't even no in such a harsh way.:( I guess there truly are lemons in all walks of life...people, vehicles, RV's, homes, etc......

Bless those of you that had such kindness and wise words.:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.