Dish King Tailgater for two receivers--can you use the External RV Satellite Connections in the UDC

We currently have the Dish Tailgater that allows the use of one receiver. We attach the coax cable from the Tailgater to the external RV satellite connection (s) in the UDC and route the signal to a receiver in the main living area of the Landmark via the internal coax wiring.

We are getting ready to take a 5 month trip and want to be able to add a second receiver so we are thinking about upgrading to the Dish King Tailgater Satellite Dish which allows the use of two receivers. Reviewers ( one of them) of the King Tailgater on Amazon indicate/state that you cannot use the (UDC) RV satellite connection (s) but instead must route the cables from the satellite thru a window and connect the cable directly to the back of the receiver (s).

This doesn't sound right to me but I don't want to get a system that requires us to route cables thru open windows.

Does anyone have experience with the King Tailgater system? If so, can you tell me how you route the cables?

We have a 2014 Landmark San Antonio and have not had problems with the internal wiring/cabling. We have moved the receiver from the main living area to the bedroom before and everything works just fine.

OToole

We have the new Dish Tailgater with two receivers. The Dish is connected through the UDC, one to the living room and one to the bedroom. No problem. I had read reviews that others were having problems and ended up having to run coax through the window. The only reasons would be that the coax could have been installed improperly at the factory and the destination mislabeled, bad connections or bad coax integrity. I purchased a LAN Wire Tracer Tone and Probe Wire Tracer made by Sperry at Home Depot and verified I had good end to end connection with the coax.

danemayer

The King Tailgater manual shows 2 coax connections on the antenna unit; one for the primary and the other for a secondary receiver. Your San Antonio should have the same UDC connections as shown below. The auxilliary on the antenna would go to the bedroom. Your 2nd receiver in the bedroom is at the other end of that wire.

You may have a jumper in the bedroom closet that connects the over-the-air antenna and cable wiring to the TV. There's also a satellite coax connector. You'll probably have to move the jumper to the satellite coax.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 59
I'm using the King Tailgater on my 2013 Key Largo and haven't had any problem running 2 receivers while hooked up to the UDC. As stated above, make sure your bedroom receiver is hooked up the Satelite hook up instead of the over the air hook up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westwind

I have a 2012 Bighorn with the Living Room/Bedroom Satellite connections in the UDC, couldn't get them to work when we got our new King Tailgator this January, currently I have the wire coming into the LR via the TV/Table slideout on the doorside.

Has anyone had the same problem and what did you do to resolve it?

When I get home in a couple of weeks that is on the to do list.