Dish tailgater weak signal

Maguirre

Hi all, I have a dish tailgater that will not receive a signal stronger then 45 for Sat 110 and 119. I have connected directly to reciever with different rg6 cables. I moved tailgater different locations. Is there a way to adjust the elevation on the tailgater ? Any suggestions? Thank you on ya my receiver is a VIP 211z.

LBR

^^X2^^.....never have seen ours up any higher neither. If the antenna was larger, so could be the strength meters.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When I had a Carryout antenna, that signal strength was pretty normal. It was strong enough to get a good hi def signal on the channels that offered it.

Gary521

I have a Tailgater and the signal strength is terrible and, in a lot of cases, I cannot find the satellites at all. I am tired of fooling with it.To solve this problem, I got a Winegard X2. The dish size is almost as large as a home dish. The dish works with both eastern and western satellites. Problem solved.

MTPockets

We travelled full time for over four years with the Tailgater and it worked flawlessly. But, shortly after getting it, we had issues until I replaced the 50 ft cable with a higher quality cable. After that, perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

pegmikef

I have used the tailgater since they were first manufactured with very few problems. Most of the signal reception problems I have encountered were location problems and I have noticed different areas of the USA have better reception than others. That being said, I have watched people moving their rigs two or three times to gain reception. My setup works perfectly for what we use it for. High quality cable is a must and make sure it is not RG58 (there's a lot of it still around being sold at "bargain" prices).

Gary521

We travelled full time for over four years with the Tailgater and it worked flawlessly. But, shortly after getting it, we had issues until I replaced the 50 ft cable with a higher quality cable. After that, perfect.

OK, what is a higher quality cable and what makes a higher quality cable? Just Curious!

'Lil Guy'

Not sure if it's RS, RG or RX but the last number is 6. Someone will jump in and give you the prefix.

pegmikef

Not sure if it's RS, RG or RX but the last number is 6. Someone will jump in and give you the prefix.

I think mine is RG60. Actually, the one that came with my tailgater was a good one. I am still using it. One other thing. Check all the cable connectors and connection. A loose connection or loose connector can also result in line loss.

'Lil Guy'

That’s it. I couldn’t remember the exact number but I read that it makes a huge difference with satellite tv. I believe the lesser cable is ok for cable hookup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk