Dish Tailgater

Gizzy

Have to agree with you on the service from King Controls. I had the EXACT same thing happen and they provided the EXACT same service. Great customer service!! I'm glad it was still under warranty. I would not hesitate to purchase something from them in the future.

Gizzy

Hey guys and gals. Just to let you know my tailgater stopped working. I called DISH and in turn they got me over to King Controls. Me and the King Control guy worked it over, he even had me take it apart while I was on the phone with him. The thing quit moving inside, one of the motors went out or something like a board burnt up. They sent me a prepaid FEDEX label and as soon as the tracking number went active they put the new one in route to me. I'm having it sent to my parents house in North Louisiana and we will catch up to it there. Bottom line is that it broke and they fixed it and it only cost me $3.00 to buy the shipping box big enough for it.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We bought the Tailgater and 211 receiver October 2011. The system was awesome and to easy to use, once we got the receiver firmware updated with the help of DishNetwork. Our story changes when DirecTV made me an offer I couldn't refuse......saving us $50 per month for similar packages. Soooo, we switched to DirecTV. Unfortunately the Tailgater cannot be reprogrammed to DirecTV and I put the system "for sale" on the forum.....sold it to an HOC member (Dennis W) in Michigan in September......everyone was happy! UNTIL, Dennis tried the unit and it DIDN'T work!!! Dennis called King Controls, they instructed him to open the unit and they determined the motor had "burned out"! Unfortunately, since Dennis was not the original owner the unit was not under warranty and was charged $112 for repair which I reimbursed to Dennis.

Now, the point of this looooong story.....I fired an email to King Controls explaining the situation. If I had still "owned" the system, it would have been under warranty. Troy Johnson of King Controls responded and they are refunding the repair cost when they really didn't have to!!

THAT IS GREAT CUSTOMER SERVCE!! When I "graduate" back to an automated system, NO ONE but King Controls will get my business!

Thanks Troy and King Controls......you have a "Raving Fan"!!

Lance

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We already have a replacement waiting on us at our next stop. King Controls r great folks to work with.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
We left New Orleans yesterday and got to my parents house in Simsboro LA. The new tailgater was here waiting on us. I hooked it up this morning and it kicked of without a hitch. Everything is a back to normal.

Big thanks to King communications.

d_fergie

Re: Dish Tailgater at CES

The Above is video I took at CES of the model they had at the Dish booth with clear cover so you could see what it looks like, you can click on the youtube icon to switch to 2D, Mods if inappropriate please move or delete. :)

ICamel

Dish Tailgater Very Satisfied Customer

I bought our Tailgater directly from Dish. It arrived two business days after order placement. We use one of the ViP211k receivers from home so the total price was $350 delivered. I had already run the RG6 coax cable from outside to inside the Elkridge and hooked it up to the cable outlet which already had a "satellite" female receptacle but no cable running to it as purchased. We were able to acquire two satellites doing a test run where the 5r is parked at home. The maiden voyage was this past Sunday-Thursday at 6,415 feet elevation at a mountain lake here in Oregon. I hooked up the Tailgater and fired up my EU2000i generator and on first try it found all 3 satellites and I was watching HD television! Now don't think I spent all my time watching TV in this great outdoor location. I watched the last 5 minutes of an NFL game on Sunday evening, the noon and evening news on the next 3 days, and that was it. I am blown away by the technology! College football will be another story while camping/fishing in September, October, and November. No more planning my excursions around being able to watch my beloved Oregon Ducks.

For those that want to know what elevation degree the satellites are at go to http://www.mydish.com/support/manuals?WT.svl=gsearch_results and scroll down to the "Installation" section and click on the link to whichever system you have. Then just find the information for azimuth (AZ), elevation (EL), and skew (SK) angles in the same row as your ZIP code rangeunder the column for your dish system.