dismantling a kitchen faucet

aatauses

hi everyone,
We have 2010 BH, 3670 with a single handle faucet in the kitchen. It no longer swivels easily, so I thought I would take it apart and lube it. I removed the set screw that would normally hold a single handle, however the handle would not come loose----does anyone have the trick to removing this single handle?? I think once I remove that I should be able to remove the rest of the housing and lube it from the inside, but cannot get the handle off???
Any suggestions are appreciated.
thanks,
al
currently in Crystal River, FL

Day52

Don't pretend to know this particular faucet, but normally there is a big notched nut under the counter top that holds it there. Sometimes you have to take a screwdriver and bump it a couple times to get it started loose. We have had several campers/ motor homes and whenever we have had faucet problems, we head to Home Depot, Lowes, or in our area Menards to get a home faucet. They seem to be more reliable at a better price. Price Fister, Moen, Kohler, etc. usually all will have models that fit your configurations. Good luck! If you are just going to lube, you should be able to do the PBBlaster/ WD-40 trickle down method.

Garypowell

I also don't know your faucet but mine in a 2013 and it is the same one from when I had a 2008 is freed up to rotate by a screw on collar underneath the sink. The crazy thing about your problem is mine has always gotten looser...not tighter. So you might have something else going on.

But check under the sink first...and I know it is hard to get to....before you take the..... WAIT A MINUTE.....YOUR TALKING ABOUT THE ON/OFF CONTROL......I'm talking about the spigot part....or the curved outlet pipe.

I'll go ahead and post this here just in case.

aatauses

Thanks for the information, I was not clear enough on my original request---I want to remove the on/off lever--this is on the faucet, not the whole unit from underneath. I took the set screw out that is on the on/off handle and that usually??? frees up the handle, but not on this one??? That is where I need the help, removing the on/off handle.
thanks and sorry for the confusion on the original.
al

hoefler

Most likely full of calcium and lime. Really not worth trying to repair IMO. I replaced mine with a Delta