Do you need it?

Seren

I understand those having a handgun, I understand people having bear spray, and I understand those that have nothing more than their walking stick, but no one has their weapon of choice with them 24 hrs a day. If you go out at night to empty a tank, more than likely you will not have your weapon with you, unless you are at an area that gives you that "feeling". So if someone comes up behind you and you do not have your gun, bear spray or walking stick, then well, you are on the losing end. There will be times when you are "ready" and times you will not. I guess if you feel more secure with whatever you use than that is a positive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mr_Black

So if someone comes up behind you and you do not have your gun, bear spray or walking stick, then well, you are on the losing end. There will be times when you are "ready" and times you will not. I guess if you feel more secure with whatever you use than that is a positive.

My wife will take care of who ever took me down in that case. ;)

To the OPs original question, do I need A gun?

No, I need about 20 or 30 more than the 20 we have now.

Seren

My wife will take care of who ever took me down in that case. ;)

To the OPs original question, do I need A gun?

No, I need about 20 or 30 more than the 20 we have now.

Since there is a limited amount of cargo space in an RV, then your 20 guns is using up weight normally used for other, more important things. I for one just carry one walking stick, a can of bear spray and a gun. I do not want to lose too much cargo space for the beer. :)

Mr_Black

Since there is a limited amount of cargo space in an RV, then your 20 guns is using up weight normally used for other, more important things. I for one just carry one walking stick, a can of bear spray and a gun. I do not want to lose too much cargo space for the beer. :)

I should clarify, they are not all in there at once. Usually just a select few.

You are absolutely right, you never want take up valuable adult beverage space. :D

Kosanko

This is why you prepare for what you need ahead of time and empty your tanks during the daylight hours, don't carelessly put yourself in BAD situations...

I understand those having a handgun, I understand people having bear spray, and I understand those that have nothing more than their walking stick, but no one has their weapon of choice with them 24 hrs a day. If you go out at night to empty a tank, more than likely you will not have your weapon with you, unless you are at an area that gives you that "feeling". So if someone comes up behind you and you do not have your gun, bear spray or walking stick, then well, you are on the losing end. There will be times when you are "ready" and times you will not. I guess if you feel more secure with whatever you use than that is a positive.

Jim.Allison

And that is exactly the wrong thing to tell police if you get in a shooting incident. Death happens as a result of using deadly force, not because you intended to kill. This is the kind of stuff that suits are made of, and prison time too. The proper answer when an officer asked why you shot the subject is very simply, "to stop him from what he was doing." And if that is not what happened then what did happen?

Here's my bottom line. If I feel i need to draw my weapon, I will be trying to kill you, emptying the magazine while in fear for my life. No warning shots, no trying to wound you, no trying to temporiarly stop you so you can try to sue me. Don't like that? Don't make me fear for my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

And that is exactly the wrong thing to tell police if you get in a shooting incident. Death happens as a result of using deadly force, not because you intended to kill. This is the kind of stuff that suits are made of, and prison time too. The proper answer when an officer asked why you shot the subject is very simply, "to stop him from what he was doing." And if that is not what happened then what did happen?
What I was told in class was: I feared for my life. I shot in self defense...........Don

Seren

What I was told in class was: I feared for my life. I shot in self defense...........Don

Hopeful in the seconds that you have to decide whether to shoot or not, you are able to determine whether the threat is real and not imagined. But like what is being said/implied on this thread, "shoot to kill, since I feared for my life". Yes, most "threats" are real and warrant action, but I pray that in the seconds I have to make a life or death decision that I don't chose the latter on a preceived threat that wasn't real. Oh, I forgot I have nothing to worry about because if I shoot to kill then there is little argument as to what really happened - I feel better now.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Who said anything about telling that to the police?

"I was afraid for my life and forced to defend myself. I will make no further statements until I have my attorney present."

Just because we chose to legally carry does not make us mindless paranoid killing machines. Save that rational for the uber-libs that would disarm us and put us at the mercy of evil-doers.

Grey Ghost

I've always said, It is better to be judged by twelve than carried by six!

When asked by the police why there is twelve holes in the perp, my response will always be, Sir because I had to stop and reload Sir!

danemayer

You could always tell the police that you wish to invoke your right to remain silent and want to speak with your attorney before making a statement.

Or you could represent yourself and say whatever you think best given the circumstances.

But as the saying goes, "the man who represents himself has a fool for a client". :)

And no I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV. But my mother always thought I should be one.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Who said anything about telling that to the police?

"I was afraid for my life and forced to defend myself. I will make no further statements until I have my attorney present."

Just because we chose to legally carry does not make us mindless paranoid killing machines. Save that rational for the uber-libs that would disarm us and put us at the mercy of evil-doers.

Well said. Some folks believe that in a fear for my life situation you should just run away and hope they do not chase you. I went on a call years back where an individual decided he wanted a parking space more than the person who pulled into it before him. He went to his car and came back with a baseball bat, the other individual drew his weapon and defended himself. In the end he has to live with the results of a stupid decision made by a complete stranger.

I have spent way to many years witnessing the results of what people do to each other. Family against family is bad enough, but what complete strangers will do to each other is just horrible. I feel bad for those with the "it won't happen to me because I am in a safe place and the police will come and save me anyway" mentality.

One last point, I carry concealed to protect my family. I have to feel a fear for my life and/or my families, not yours. When it comes to you folks out there that do not want or feel the need for a weapon I promise you, when the police show up I will give them a very detailed report.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've been thinking about getting a hand gun mostly for protection against wildlife . . . not humans.

Here in Colorado we've got bears, mountain lions, packs of wolves and coyotes to worry about!

Somehow I don't think that bear spray is enough.

Jim.Allison

Many law enforcement agencies teach their officers to say nothing more on the radio, than "There has been a shooting and the agency is involved" They are also instructed not to say anything to anybody including a supervisor until you have spoken to an attorney.

Form a personal point of view, I have long held that when a person with a badge is asking questions you need an attorney.

HERE is a little food for thought.

Peace
Dave