Do you Use these features in your Heartland RV?

bellpr

So I'm shopping for a new 5er. And I found a few features in the Heartland Floor plans that don't seem to be options in other 5ers at the same price point. So I'm wondering if anybody really likes/uses/enjoys these options?

1. Recliners with Heat and Massage.
2. Central Vac or Dyson Vac
3. Day/Night shades
4. Residential Fridge with ICE & Water in the door
5. Mor/Ryde king pin hitch
6. Remote controlled 6 point level up system

Posted this on both Big Country & Big Horn forums

Mrsfish

So I'm shopping for a new 5er. And I found a few features in the Heartland Floor plans that don't seem to be options in other 5ers at the same price point. So I'm wondering if anybody really likes/uses/enjoys these options?

1. Recliners with Heat and Massage. - n/a but I say no hubby says yes
2. Central Vac or Dyson Vac - YES
3. Day/Night shades - YES
4. Residential Fridge with ICE & Water in the door - n/a but no
5. Mor/Ryde king pin hitch no
6. Remote controlled 6 point level up system- absolutely

Have some one of these options, not all.

Oregon_Camper

3. Day/Night shades

Like having them...could live without, if there was a manual "arm" to raise/lower the footrest (which there isn't)

Don't have this...we have a dyson portable.

3. Day/Night shades
LOVE...would insist on these for every RV we buy

Don't have...we dry camp and that would be a big draw on our 2 batteries

Don't have. I use Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder

LOVE LOVE LOVE....would NEVER buy without.

Capt7383

We have the residential refrigerator found the ice and water dispenser to be a p.i.t.a it's very difficult to winterize so I just removed it we also have the six point level up and we love it get to a campsite everyones mad at you because all you do is push a button and your level

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
bellpr,
The following are only my perceptions, based on five years of owning our Bighorn;

1. Recliners with Heat and Massage/Have recliners and use them frequently (no heat)

2. Central Vac or Dyson Vac/Central vac is very inefficient, we use a small household type upright.

3. Day/Night shades/ Yes, I believe these are very functional

4. Residential Fridge with ICE & Water in the door/If you even think about dry-camping, or boondocking, skip the residential fridge and go with a traditional RV type. Otherwise, most folks like it.

5. Mor/Ryde king pin hitch/ Yes, I believe any vibration dampening pinbox is well worth the cost. (We have a Trailair)

6. Remote controlled 6 point level up system/ When we bought our rig, there were some flaws in it, so we passed. Definitely would purchase it today.

Hope this helps, Trace

kowAlski631

We have list #s 2, 3, 5, 6 on our BH. We use them all and would not change or eliminate any of them. If we could only keep 2 of them, it would definitely be the Mor/Ryde and the 6 point leveling system.

ccarrington99

North Carolina Chapter Leaders-retired
Have recliner, no heat or massage

Love Dyson Vac

3. Day/Night shades
A must

Don't have, would like the space, but not the hassle to clear ice maker

Would like to have

Must have. One button to level, nothing beats it.

pegmikef

We use 2, 3, 5, and 6 (level up, but if it is remote controlled, I don't use the remote).
We bought our own recliners and prefer a Fridge that has the option of running on propane, so I don't have to use a generator or solar panels to keep the batteries up enough to run the fridge inverter full time.

chaplady

We use 2 Dyson Vac
3 Day night shades
4 fridge but leave water to ice maker turned off pain to winterize. We dump ice in pan use ice maker that way through door.
6 use level up rarely use remote

Gaffer

Never used the central vac on our last unit.
I like the MCD shades much better than the day/night shades.
6-point level up is the best money I ever spent.
Don't forget the power cord reel.
I notice a big improvement with the Mor/Ryde king pin hitch. Most noticeable on bridge and via-duct expansion joints.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
-Do not have, but sat in them for a few hours in the Lippert waiting room. They were awesome!!

-Our little Shark vac works wonderfully. Stores in closet.

3. Day/Night shades
-Wish we had. Especially in the bedroom

-Prefer the fridge with the propane option. I heard winterizing the ice maker is a pain.

-Hopefully this Sunday, I'll be upgrading to Lipperts version. Flex Air

-An awesome system. No use for the remote.

lynndiwagoner

I only have two on your list. MCD Day/Night shades are terrific.
6 Point level up system is fabulous. I use the remote all the time to operate the awning, lights, and front jacks. I can raise and lower the rig to match the hitch while backing up and hitching up.

MTPockets

We have the MorRyde, nothing else on your list.... We did add Propane generator, dual pane Windows, Yeti pkg, MCD shades.

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
1. Recliners with Heat and Massage. -- nope.
2. Central Vac or Dyson Vac -- central vac is a bit cumbersome, but do like it. DW would rather have a portable.
3. Day/Night shades -- wish they were better quality cords, but absolutely love them.
4. Residential Fridge with ICE & Water in the door -- don't have, don't want. Too big of a fridge just means too much wasted food.
5. Mor/Ryde king pin hitch -- don't have.
6. Remote controlled 6 point level up system -- would love to have had this installed.

davebennington

We use this quite a bit
Dyson almost 2 times a week
3. Day/Night shades
We have MCD shades use them every night love them
Water and ice no, Julie uses bottle water to make ice and puts it in the ice bin
Yes, however I think I would be happier with the TrailAir hitch

We do not have this option

dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

3. Day/Night shades

We dont have or need heat and massage on the recliners. We have the non electric theater seats and love them
We have the Dyson cordless vac but mostly use a cheap shark corded vac. Dyson charge doesn't last long.
We replaced the day-night shades with MCD shades and love them much much better than the day night.
We prefer not to have ice and water in our fridge as the water line can and will freeze in the winter. Also water is not dependable in many parks as to the quality. We have a small ice maker in our basement that does the job. We prefer to not have a residential fridge.
We love our Mor/Ryde king pin hitch and highly recommend it.
The level-up 6 point system is a blessing and we love it. Also the electric power cord reel is worth the expense.

dalspot

Don't have - or want, but we have our eye on the Theater Seating for the next rig.
Installed the Dirt Devil Central Vac ourselves and LOVE it! Wouldn't be without it.
3. Day/Night shades
Don't have these, but also on the wish list.
No use for a residential fridge as we store our rig in a storage lot with no source of electric to run the fridge on prior to leaving. I just stop by on the way to work, start the fridge on gas, and it's ready to go by the end of the day.
Wouldn't be without it!
Just as happy with our 4-point electric 'ground control'. Also self-installed. Put down the rear stabilizers and you've got your 6-point for at least $1,000 less.

3. Day/Night shades