Do you Use these features in your Heartland RV?

1. Recliners are great. Don't need the heat or massage.
2. Yes.
3. Yes
4. Don't have. Won't they use a lot of battery. I dry camp a lot so that would be a concern.
5. Don't have one.
6. Yes but it makes noise all night long

AAdams

1. Recliners with Heat and Massage.
​Sitting in the recliner now. Use the massage on occasion.
2. Central Vac or Dyson Vac
Have had the central vac, have the Dyson now and I think it works better than the central vac.
3. Day/Night shades
Like the day / shades. Wouldn't have a rig without them.
4. Residential Fridge with ICE & Water in the door
Is really nice IF you do not plan on dry camping. If you want to dry camp, go with the 18 cu ft.
5. Mor/Ryde king pin hitch
Wish I had it. Did have on a previous rig and liked it. Plan on getting one sometime.
6. Remote controlled 6 point level up system
Our BH has a remote for the front landing gear. Does not control the entire Level-Up system.(I don't use the remote anyway). I would not have a unit with out Level-Up. The level up may pop at times.
There is a additive that you can add to help with this that is approved by Lippert.

Alan

Yeah. I am not alone. I am sure there are several threads on this topic. 6 point leveling system makes popping noise all day and all night. I followed manufacturers instruction and added some fork oil but it has not helped.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
1. We have standard recliners so we can not comment.
2. We have the Dyson and it was mediocre at best, but have since upgraded it with the Dyson Animal and we absolutely love that. The one that came with our Landmark is now mounted in the basement.
3. The MDC shades are amazing! We can't imagine not icing those.
4. We would never be in a rig without the residential fridge again. The fridge never heats up or changes the set temps, no matter what the temps are outside or inside the trailer.
5. We have the 5th Airborne and love it, but can not comment on the Mor/Ryde
6. Like the fridge, we will never own another without it. Simply amazing

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Just wanted to say that I appreciate this particular thread as we will be investigating the Bighorns as we intend to upgrade/downgrade in a few years. I have had the same questions as the OP and like seeing so many responses. For me I am thinking we will get them all when we finally do order our new one. Really leaning towards full body paint as we have had poor quality graphics on the last two units and the paint seems so much easier to keep clean. Also really interested in the MorRyde IS and disk brakes.

kowAlski631

Yeah. I am not alone. I am sure there are several threads on this topic. 6 point leveling system makes popping noise all day and all night. I followed manufacturers instruction and added some fork oil but it has not helped.

We had that problem until we added the fork oil a couple of times and used the level up a few times. Since then, no popping.

NH5er

So I'm shopping for a new 5er. And I found a few features in the Heartland Floor plans that don't seem to be options in other 5ers at the same price point. So I'm wondering if anybody really likes/uses/enjoys these options?

3. Day/Night shades

Posted this on both Big Country & Big Horn forums

1. Have, but could live without
2. Have, but wife says it is hard to use
3. Don't have
4. Don't have (we went with traditional gas/electric)
5. Payed extra for it. Love it
6. number one reason I wanted this coach. Love it!

GETnBYE

So I'm shopping for a new 5er. And I found a few features in the Heartland Floor plans that don't seem to be options in other 5ers at the same price point. So I'm wondering if anybody really likes/uses/enjoys these options?

3. Day/Night shades

5. Mor/Ryde king pin hitch/

1. Recliners with Heat and Massage. / I love this massage and heat feature on these recliners and as a short girl, the electric foot rest makes it possible for me to actually get to use the chairs in this unit.

2. Central Vac or Dyson Vac / the jury is still out on the vac, not sure if I like it.

3. Day/Night shades / I like these/ don't like having to put them in the raised position for travel, working on a fix for that issue.

4. Residential Fridge with ICE & Water in the door / I love the res. refer.,,much more room, ease of running it during travel and the frostfree part is the best part. I don't use the ice water part due to not being full time or getting to camp much and don't want to winterized it constantly during winter trips back and forth from Florida.

5. Mor/Ryde king pin hitch/ n/a

6. Remote controlled 6 point level up system / we only have the level up, no remote control on it. He loves the level up.

Option you may want to consider is the heat pump, we are very happy we added this feature and we also opted for max Lino/no livingroom carpet. Good luck!

Gaffer

My Level-Up popped a lot. Put in 2 pints of fork oil and that helped for awhile. Recently started popping as bad as before. Added one more pint the other day and it quited down a lot but still pops some.
We had that problem until we added the fork oil a couple of times and used the level up a few times. Since then, no popping.

kowAlski631

Did you operate the level up system several times so that the two fluids were well mixed? That was what made our popping stop. If you search the forum, you can find a lot of info on it.

L

LoverMusic2416

3. Day/Night shades

My husband and I have a 2011 Bighorn 3800BH pulled with our F-350 dual wheel truck. Our unit has central vac which we use all the time. That being said, I'm not impressed with the power of a central vac. Our two previous FWs did not have central vac. Personally, I can live without this option. Our unit also has day/night shades which I love for privacy when they are needed.

We are starting to search for a replacement FW which will probably be another Bighorn. The point level up system will be a must have. Good luck with your search.

Wmnmy

We have #1-2-3-6 I love the massage and heated recliner due to fused disk in neck and back . Would not purchase another rig without day night mcd shades . Dyson does the job just need to keep it charged . Would not get residential fridge I like dry camping too much . And now that I have experienced 6point level up system it makes everything soooo much easier leveling coach . Hope this help ...