Dodge 3500 mega cab

jnbhobe

Never have had problems pulling our 3670 with our dodge. Me thinks Dodge is just being ultra conservative with their numbers. They have a huge safety's factor (in my opinion that is).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, except people are afraid of the weight police. I'm 500lbs over with my setup, but thats the way it is so I make the best of it with all the safty upgrades I can afford.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Hi again
I am getting lots of comments that the Dodge can handle the trailer. I am aware of that I already an towing one. My question is the sharp turning while backing with the Mega cab as the box on the Mega cab is shorter than the box on my Quad cab. Does anyone have experience with the clearance on the Mega cab while cutting tight in a back up situtation? Comments on this would be appreciated.
Regards
Wayne

rick_debbie_gallant

I agree, except people are afraid of the weight police. I'm 500lbs over with my setup, but thats the way it is so I make the best of it with all the safty upgrades I can afford.

Safety upgrades are great, however if folks don't drive ULTRA DEFENSIVELY they may still have issues.

goducks11

Hi again
I am getting lots of comments that the Dodge can handle the trailer. I am aware of that I already an towing one. My question is the sharp turning while backing with the Mega cab as the box on the Mega cab is shorter than the box on my Quad cab. Does anyone have experience with the clearance on the Mega cab while cutting tight in a back up situtation? Comments on this would be appreciated.
Regards
Wayne

Why not just use a slider hitch. Thats what they're made for.

rick_debbie_gallant

Safety upgrades are great, however if folks don't drive ULTRA DEFENSIVELY they may still have issues.

Ultra defensive? That is me. My foot is off the and hovering over the break if I see brake lights as far as I can see, about .5 miles.
I keep my safety safety zone at all times. Headlights always on, rain or shine. Under 45, on come the flashers. The reduced speed limit on ramps, yes indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

Wayne:
I am using a 2004 MegaCab and can cut to about 70-80 degrees before I see the Bighorn nose approaching the rear of the cab. If that is not enough, then its time to straighten out, re-adjust, and try another cut.

Hi again
Regards
Wayne

rbmedic75

I am new at the RV world but not at towing. I thought I would share with the poster asking about the Mega Cab Box and towing. The Mega box is 6'4" like you mentioned. Many I have asked and read post from here and other places say it widely depends on the RV your pulling and that the Heartlands have been compensated to handle short bed truck up to 6' and still allow a very good turnign radius 80* or so. where it gets close is on unlevel ground, if your backing up for example and the trailer is going up hill and the truck has not reach that grade yet the RV nose gets very close to the rear window if your turning. Many still say they have no problems but if your concerned or do a lot of tight maneurvering jsut grab a slider hitch. I was looking at the B&W companion slider. It works in conjunction with the B&W flip over gooseneck, minimal holes in the truck bed, nothing in the bed when you not hauling and you have every hitch needed. Unfortunately its not available for my 2012 Mega just yet but they have pricing for it so hopefully it will be out soon as family and I are looking to but the RV and make our first 5500 mile journey mid June. Hope that helps some