Dodge dashboard

whp4262

The top of my dash cracked so I ordered a new one. Saturday was in the 70s so I thought it would be a nice day to put in the new top dashboard. After all how hard could it be right? At least I got it done before the freezing rain and sleet hit on Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    689.3 KB · Views: 147

jimtoo

Well,, I don't know... I think you should have just bought a new Chevy or even a Ford... I mean .. rust on steering column,,,brake pedal showing lots of wear..foam around center duct mashed.. broken.. I think you should have just bought a new one...with a new hitch in the bed and a new Cyclone hanging on the hitch...:) ,,, but that is just my opinion. :)

Jim M

whp4262

Jimtoo that's what I've been telling my wife. 256000 miles is more than enough on a truck. We have the Cyclone so I think I just about have her convinced that we need a Duramax dually 4x4 next year to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

You're really amortizing that asset :) This brings to mind, John Latham. I think he still owns everything he's ever bought. Talk about a man that takes care of his stuff :)

Anyway, way to go on this project. You have high confidence in yourself. I torn apart a few dashes myself - but I've never removed the top panel too.

You've whetted our appetites so now you need to post the "after" picture, with Armorall :)

whp4262

Here is the after picture without the Armorall. I'm 54 and one of those people who never takes their car to a shop. I have also never hired an electrician, plumber or a carpenter for anything, I do it all myself. I'm actually considering a RV repair shop after I retire because of the problems I have read on different forums. **** poor service and inadequate repairs just ain't right.

Attachments

• IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    615 KB · Views: 103

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ok, gotta ask, did you have any leftover parts or screws? I can never figure out why I have leftovers. Lol

whp4262

Leftovers are those things you didn't need that the manufacturer used to raise the price when it was new. :)