Does it ever stop? Another problem

GeneF

Like I said, maybe I do not know your entire story but that quote is what you started THIS thread with. So yes, if you camped out for 4 weeks and you only had the one issue I do consider that a good trip. I am certain nothing I can say will alleviate your worry but I don't understand it. You went out on your trip with a known issue and are now safely home? I am glad for that. For what it is worth, you are pulling around a bouncing vibrating swaying second home. If all you are worried about is the slide operation I still think you are doing good. Rving is supposed to be enjoyable and I hope you can get back to that soon. I can give you instructions on how to fix your plug in if you like.
Let me clarify for you. 1. I did not go camping with a known issue. The trailer was at CampingWorld for six months getting the slide repaired. We left Florida and were in Texas four days later. As we were bringing the slide in, the same problem occurred with the slide bracket bending. We attempted to get it fixed in New Mexico about 2 weeks later. The job was they did lasted about two times of bringing the slide in. So fdor the next three months we worried every time we brought the slide in or out. My reference to leaving a camping spot was that we had spent four weeks camping in a friend's yard. As I was packing up, I noticed that the shore inlet was loose. So I now had two problems to worry about before I left NH and got back to Florida. Total number of days for this trip was 112 days. And last year we were gone almost three months with the slide bracket bending on the fourth day of the trip. Again, worry every time I opened or closed the slide. Hopefully, it has been fixed properly this time. Not enjoyable to travel for that amount of time and distance not knowing if you slide will go out or come in. There is no easy way to manually bring in the slide. Entire slide facia has to be taken off. Stupid design.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

But I suspect the real issue is that today's younger generation doesn't have the same work ethic that those of us from the 50's or 60's have.

Seems that the younger generation doesn't want to work for anything . . .

They want it all handed to them for free!

xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim.Allison

I feel your pain, when my blowmax tire tore out the side of my brand new rig on a shakedown cruise, I was so disappointed, and nothing could take my mind off that damage. So your emotional investment as well as your financial investment culminate to mess with the pleasure you are supposed to be having. I get it. I can feel it when you write about it.

IMHO we are only inviting trouble, and another expensive trip for repairs when we hand over our rigs to a dealer for minor repairs. Seems like you are not actually involved in that vicious cycle when it comes to these items, to that extent I would say your skill is in the average to above average range. Fear not and pursue those repair and maintenance items with passion. Enjoy the planning and carrying out of a well laid plan. Pride in ownership and pride in a well executed repair cannot be matched.

As far as warrantee is concerned, You cannot be denied warranty repair unless the work you did caused the issue. So if you put in an electrical management system, and you did it correctly, and later your refrigerator went out, they gotta fix the refer. If you repair your socket problem then have a problem with shore power not related to your repair, they gotta fix it. You don't void your warranty because you took a screwdriver to your rig.

But ultimately I hope that you will get your rig over to your house this winter, get it on some shore power, pick something that you need to do, and do it. pick something that you consider rewarding. I think you will get a new concept and relationship with your fiver by doing a project like this.

In the end, I hope you have resolved your issues. And that you will have a great season next year. Best of luck with whatever you do.

Last edited:

Jim.Allison

Excuse me!!!!! I resemble that remark!!!!!!!

But I suspect the real issue is that today's younger generation doesn't have the same work ethic that those of us from the 50's or 60's have.

Seems that the younger generation doesn't want to work for anything . . .

They want it all handed to them for free!

xxxxxxx