Does Sundance 3100ES come with a water pressure regulator?

Codah

We bought a new 2011 3100ES Sundance in October and I was wondering if it has a built in water pressure regulator or if I need one when hooked up to city water. We haven't been able to use it yet since putting it away for winter storage. I heard that some areas have higher water pressure than what is recommended for the 3100ES. thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
No RV's come with a regulator. You need to buy one. Dont get the cheap plastic one.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Grizz, the only thing I have ever seen at Lowes or HD is about the size of a small fire hydrant. Do you have a brand name and model number??

grizzlygiant

Bob & Patty,
I have a WATTS N45B M1 3/4" regulator which comes preset at 50 psi. It has worked very well for us; pressure and flow are very adequate and a BIG improvement over the cheapies. If I remember correctly I paid about $45 at Lowes. The regulator itself is only about 6" long but you have to add fittings for hoses on both inlet and outlet sides. To hard wire it is on my to-do list.

boatdoc

If anybody needs one of these better regulators, PM me I've got an extra brand new one. It's a Wilkins Model 70, 3/4". Just trying to help out. Thanks

rebootsemi

Valterra Hi-Flow adjustable unit, comes set at 45 psi about $60 or $70, very cheap insurance, these do not leak through. This unit is full flow, not necked down inside like all the others.
Manufacturer: Valterra
Manufacturer Part No: A01-1117VP