Dometic 2-way refrigerator not running on electric

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
//heartlandowners.org/signaturepics/sigpic7648_1.gif "Sara the terror"

SARA THE TERROR - WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ELECTRICITY? I UNDERSTAND YOU KNOW A LOT, BUT DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH IT, OTHER THAN FINDING A HOT WIRE BY GNAWING THE WIRE?

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
//heartlandowners.org/signaturepics/sigpic7648_1.gif "Sara the terror"

SARA THE TERROR - WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ELECTRICITY? I UNDERSTAND YOU KNOW A LOT, BUT DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH IT, OTHER THAN FINDING A HOT WIRE BY GNAWING THE WIRE?
P1010252.JPG
Kenny... I inherited my electrical knowledge from my dad... he was a "Wire"merainer. :rolleyes:
Sara

Irwright2

We have narrowed things down a bit. We plugged an extension cord into the outlet behind the fridge and it worked, so it seems the problem is with the fridge itself, since it electricity seems to be getting to the outlet. One of you mentioned that it might be the heating coil or something with the control board. Is there a "layman's" way to tell or will we need to get someone to look at it for us?

DougS

Doug S
Irwright2,
i would put the refrig on electric and with a voltage meter check for 120 volts at coil leads. Also, with a voltage meter, unplug refrig, the check continuity at both leads for heater coil, leads must be off heater. Then check continuity from each lead to the nut. To do these tests a voltage meter is a must.
The board on a refrig is harder to check.