Dometic refrigerator NDR 1062 not cooling correctly on electric

dana22

We have a Dometic refrigerator model # NDR 1062. When placed on electricity, it is not cooling enough, and items begin to thaw in the freezer. However, when we placed it on propane, it got cold like it should. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong that it will not cool properly on electricity? We haven't noticed any unusual smells or anything out of the ordinary with the exception of it not cooling down.:(

danemayer

Hi dana22,

Generally, if the freezer and refrigerator compartments cool well on propane, most of the unit is working correctly, including the gas burner, cooling unit and thermistor. When the problem is with electric only, there may be a problem with the electric heating element, or power to the heating element. If you have access to the back of the unit where the circuit boards are located, you should check for blown fuses and that the unit is plugged into an outlet that is actually supplying power.

ntoport

Have the same problem since day one. Dealer replace pretty much everything they could. I.E. dual fans, changed airflow over the coils to allow more air directly over the coils, and the rod was replaced. As the day here in St. Louis, mo got colder....14*....the box got warmer on electric but on LP it works just fine. Dometic is now sending a new cooling unit that should work the say. Down side is we are heading to Phoenix and the dealer here can't install it, so Dometic is sending it to Orangewood RV in Phoenix,so until them I am on LP. Will let this site know if it works or not. Seems to me it would of ben cheaper for them to replace the box in the first place.