Dometic AC in garage fan not blowing.

dilley

We have a 2016 Cyclone 4100 with 3 AC's. The garage until has a heat strip. Everything has been working fine, but, while running the heat strip last night, it stopped. I checked the return filter and its clean. I switched to AC and it hummed. I switched to fan and cycled through auto, low and hi, nothing, it just hummed but no air came out. I cycled the circuit breaker and even left off for awhile, still nothing. Any suggestions? We are in Eunice NM.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Your AC unit has a two year parts warranty. You can contact Dometic to walk you through your options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

We have a 2016 Cyclone 4100 with 3 AC's. The garage until has a heat strip. Everything has been working fine, but, while running the heat strip last night, it stopped. I checked the return filter and its clean. I switched to AC and it hummed. I switched to fan and cycled through auto, low and hi, nothing, it just hummed but no air came out. I cycled the circuit breaker and even left off for awhile, still nothing. Any suggestions? We are in Eunice NM.
Same thing happened with our rear AC/heat strip when we did our PDI. I ran all ACs and rear worked....turned it to HS and continued PDI.ing and checked back on it after 10 minutes. The unit had shut down and thermostat was deaddeaddead.

When receiving the CY back from punch list repairs, shop tech said it was simply a loose wire...not sure if at thermostat or AC unit, but works fine so far...good luck.

jerryjay11

Can I just replace the motor or do I need to buy a whole new AC unit?

Yes the fan motor can be replaced. They can run around $150.00 +- but I would check your warranty if you are still covered. Though your warranty won't cover if it's just a critter nest in the squirrel cage so if you are up to it check that first. Just remove the AC shroud then at the front of the AC there is a panel, held on with a half dozen or so 1/4" hex screws that will get you access to the squirrel cage. The condenser fan blade will be accessible when the shroud is removed. If you don't see anything that is preventing it from turning you can attempt to turn it by hand and it should spin freely. So far you haven't voided any warranty as this is what needs to be done if you were performing annual maintenance on it.

Also if it spins freely there could be a chance the capacitor is defective. Be careful not to touch the terminals of the capacitor because if it isn't defective you could land on your driveway from the jolt. Here's a link how how to test your capacitor; https://itstillruns.com/test-rv-air-conditioner-capacitor-7823972.html