Dometic awning on my new prowler shadow identification

Hi All,
I'm trying to get a problem addressed with my new 5th wheel 27PRLS. Here is the info I do have on the awning.

MFG DOMETIC
MFG# 916GP15.001B
MFG/PNC 958469713
SN 04896443
SKU 9108675055

The problem is that when the awning is fully down it rubs on the door when opening and closing. Now the dealership and heartland have asked for the part numbers on the support arms of the awning. Problem is that I could not find any part numbers exept the ones above. Nor can I find an illustrated parts breakdown for the awning. According to what I have found so far the MFG# is broken down to the first 6 digits are the model, 7th is the type(basement or standard), and on from there. Can't find out anything from Dometic. Their installation and IPB manual are not listed on any of the website. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time
Russ

Love it so far. If I can get this awning straightened out it will be great. This is one of the few units that I can pull with my 2010 F150 crewcab 6 1/2 ft bed with a factory towing package. Pulls great. Was averaging 11 MPG in the city with it and had it geared down for towing mode. We will see what happens when I get on a longer tow trip.

Took some measurements off the awning support arms to send to Heartland via the service dept where I bought it. Here they are KIMMING07.

Lower outer arm 60 ¾ inches
Lower inner arm 15 ¼ inches lower extender is always fully extended
Upper arm 50 ¼ inches
Mount channel on trailer 62 ¼ inches

OK, so I finally got word back that in fact they did install the wrong awning arms on several of the 27P RLS units. They have ordered and received longer arms for my unit and have called me to come in and have them installed.

kimming07 - my guess is that you have the same problem. One other thing. You may want to take a look at your window sticker for your unit on the options. Several of them are wrong. Check and see if you have the keyless entry option, if yes, there should be a keypad to the left of the door. Here is the real kicker. I think they screwed up on all the options packages. I compared serveral units for sale against mine and found they all had the same options listed but the pricing was way off in comparison. One is that I have a 10 gallon water heater vs. a 6 gallon. Not listed on my options but you bet I paid for it. Waiting to hear back from the GM at Heartland on the issue. Sent him 3 units with 3 option prices and all the same options listed. Will let you know.

kimming07

Thanks for the update. I do have the same problem. My unit is at the dealer for several warranty items so I will add that to the list.

I did have the keyless option and I did get the keypad. I paid for the air mattress sofa but got the jack knife. Heartland did change it out. Took forever but they did the right thing. I got the 10 gallon water heater even though not listed as a paid for option.

Good to hear you had the same thing. Have my couch on order also and according to the GM at Heartland it should have been there. I'm still having problems with the electric portion of the water heater. Heats to luke warm but never gets hot unless I use the gas. Still gotta figure out if there is a thermostat setting somewhere that I can set higher. Need to talk to the service guys. They did add the keypad but couldn't figure out how to set a code in it so still waiting on that.

lorax

They did add the keypad but couldn't figure out how to set a code in it so still waiting on that.
What manufacturers key pad did they install? I just got my Prowler back from the dealer with a new / different keypad. I got the paper work with mine to change the code. I'm betting that the manufacturer's web site would have some info.

Ted