Dometic refrigerator will not switch to AC power from propane correctly

wdk450

Re: Domietic refrigerator

A propane appliance not shutting off the gas correctly is a BIG SAFETY ISSUE and needs to be addressed immediately. Due to the fire danger, and the MANY fire damage settlements the RV refrigerator makers have paid out, they ought to authorize a warranty inspection of your refrig IMMEDIATELY!!! If it were me, I would shut off all propane gas supply until this is inspected.

Call Dometic at the service number listed on the left hand side of the Heartland Owners Portal Page.

Papacokes

A propane appliance not shutting off the gas correctly is a BIG SAFETY ISSUE and needs to be addressed immediately. Due to the fire danger, and the MANY fire damage settlements the RV refrigerator makers have paid out, they ought to authorize a warranty inspection of your refrig IMMEDIATELY!!! If it were me, I would shut off all propane gas supply until this is inspected.

Call Dometic at the service number listed on the left hand side of the Heartland Owners Portal Page.
It works on gas not electric any ideas ?!

wdk450

It works on gas not electric any ideas ?!

OK, so your original post of "Hi my refer the propane will not shut of when on electric and ideas thank you" is not quite accurately worded - Correct?

To address " It works on gas not electric any ideas ?" Is the 110 VAC plug plugged in in the outside refrigerator access panel? You may find 2 110 VAC plugs there if you have a built-in icemaker. Is the supply outlet live? You could test that with a voltmeter, or plug some small 110 VAC portable appliance (small fan, hair dryer, etc.). If the outlet is not working you need to check the master GFI outlet in the bathroom, which protects all of the other connected outlets on the GFI circuit. All outlets outside or near water sinks/showers should be GFI protected by code. The master GFI outlet should have a small LED on it, lit when the outlet and outlet chain is energized. Last of all, the circuit breaker for the GFI and refrigerator should be full up and ON. Sometimes tripped breakers can LOOK like they are still on. Best to be sure is to switch the breaker handle full down then back full up.

Beyond this you need to check the output AC voltage of the refrigerator control PC board to the heating element (with the refrigerator in AC mode), and the resistance reading of the heating element itself. If you have AC volts coming out of the board at the heater terminals, the heating elements are probably bad. If you have no AC voltage coming out of the board, and the heating elements measure low ohms (less than 50), then your circuit board is probably bad.

This company has the heating elements and circuit board for Dometic refrigs:https://rvcoolingunit.com/Dometic-Elements-C213008.aspx?sid=298 and https://rvcoolingunit.com/Dometic-PC-Boards-C288484.aspx?sid=298