door security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Rog and others, very interesting reading. Looks like I need to find out about Montana law. The Horn is registered there. Bob:D:D

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
We had a bear try and get in our 5er all he did was bend about 2 inches of the bottom of the door which I straightened out very easily. I would not worry to much, as we feel the dead bolt is quite strong. It would be easier just to break in through a window. Actually we weren't in the trailer when the bear tried to get in otherwise he would have been quite surprised if he were to have gotten in because bullets would have been flying.

SilverRhino

RV Walls NOT Bullet Proof

After reading the threads on this post......my biggest concern might be my neighbor using a weapon that will easily penetrate their coach walls......not to mention mine!

I'm definitely not opposed to protecting one's self.......but......too many people today have easy access to "protection".....but....fail to follow up with proper training.

Just an opinion.

Rmcgrath53

I have a hammerless revolver with laser grips, can shoot from a pocket if need be. The laser grips are for my security, for athouigh I took safety classes, and a home invasion class, I dont train like a policeman would with all the range time involved, thus the laser grips. Its still safer to have what I have than to have nothing as far as protection. Yes I have a ccw from Mi.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just my WAG but I believe 75 percent of people traveling (not just RVers) have some type of weapon they travel with (gun, knife, rifle, club). It is a sad commentary that our society has come to that. As a 'Christian' country your would think otherwise. As a retired cop I know what does happen, not what might happen. Been there, seen how cruel and mean one human can be to another. It's sad.

imchud

I have a hammerless revolver with laser grips, can shoot from a pocket if need be. The laser grips are for my security, for athouigh I took safety classes, and a home invasion class, I dont train like a policeman would with all the range time involved, thus the laser grips. Its still safer to have what I have than to have nothing as far as protection. Yes I have a ccw from Mi.

I have been a gun ouner since i was 13 years old, I have countless hours of training and range time over the years. I still practice at the range 2 to 3 times a month and I would hope I could keep my head if some one was breaking into mt B/H or my home and not just start blastin away, but one never knows for sure.. I hope i never have to find out.
The closest i ever came was about 4 years ago while camping just outside of cleveland. we pulled into this old kind of run down looking camp ground on a friday afternoon, we were visiting my daughter for he weekend and there we no other C/G close to here house that had availability. Anyway, we left shortly after we set up to go visit my daughter, when we got back to the C/G later that night, we were shocked to see several hundred Hells Angels bikers set up in tents all over the place for their annual Akron Ohio bike ralley. They thought it was funny to keep knocking on our doors and windows most of the night, when things finally settled down around 3:00am we packed up and and were gone by 5:00... Later on Saturday I called the ownwers of the C/G and told them I wanted my money back... they told me the bikers were there for the annual "AA" ralley. (AA was founded in Akron) he said they come every year and they wouldn't hurt a fly because they were all reformed:eek:..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Wow.. 4ever made one post and this has gone to how safe is it with the existing lock on the trailer to a full weapons list. Seem that the subject has been lost and the OP scared off. To bad..

BC

4ever

Thanks to all of you that replied to the orginal question regarding the safety of the lock. Your comments were helpful. I do think that this thread has now gone in a totaly diferent direction.

4ever

Status
Not open for further replies.