Down time - 2016 June 26 - Server Move

jbeletti

I turned off the enhanced attachments. When I try and upload it pauses like it is doing something then the upload window goes blank and stays until I close the window.

Not sure what it is supposed to do as I have never used it that way.

Wife just used IE and could not get it to work either.

Looks like it is something in my account that seems to be only effecting me. Are there any setting that a Moderator can check to see if we are locked out?

John

John - your user account looks good. Can you do a speed test? www.speedtest.net Do it 3 times and report your average upload speeds here.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I use Tapatalk and am unable to get any updates. I am assuming this is a problem with them and the change over and not the forum.

jbeletti

MH "purchased July 25th, 2016"???

And it's a nice one! Yes, our forum's Technical Moderator and Co-Admin, Michael Kidd moved from a Landmark to motorhome to better accommodate his family's needs. Michael remains on staff with me to keep the bits flowing :)

SNOKING

And it's a nice one! Yes, our forum's Technical Moderator and Co-Admin, Michael Kidd moved from a Landmark to motorhome to better accommodate his family's needs. Michael remains on staff with me to keep the bits flowing :)

I was questioning the date purchased? Chris

Domi

I tried to upload the pictures by using my hotspot that is a completely different provider than what I was using yesterday & the pictures will still not upload. I would think at this point that the problem is on Heartland's end instead of ours when using 2 different providers still leave me unable to upload the pictures.

P.S. We were one of the four threads whose posts & pictures got dropped/purged from the server during the switchover which I think may be contributing to my inability to upload pics. Something didn't get reset or is set to reject my uploads.

Domi

John - your user account looks good. Can you do a speed test? www.speedtest.net Do it 3 times and report your average upload speeds here.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I am using a Mac with Safari. It uploaded just fine and seemed to be faster than the old hosting provider.

IMG_1763.jpgIMG_1697.jpg

Rod

jbeletti

I tried to upload the pictures by using my hotspot that is a completely different provider than what I was using yesterday & the pictures will still not upload. I would think at this point that the problem is on Heartland's end instead of ours when using 2 different providers still leave me unable to upload the pictures.

P.S. We were one of the four threads whose posts & pictures got dropped/purged from the server during the switchover which I think may be contributing to my inability to upload pics. Something didn't get reset or is set to reject my uploads.

Domi

No link between you being one who lost posts and your current inability to attach pics. Unsure what the issue is as your user account looks fine and all others can upload images. If you have an alternate email address you can use for testing, go ahead and create a second account like Domi-test and when myself or a mod sees it, we'll quickly promote the account to regular user so you can post pictures. Then you can test it.

Domi

No link between you being one who lost posts and your current inability to attach pics. Unsure what the issue is as your user account looks fine and all others can upload images. If you have an alternate email address you can use for testing, go ahead and create a second account like Domi-test and when myself or a mod sees it, we'll quickly promote the account to regular user so you can post pictures. Then you can test it.

I tried uploading from work and got the following error message in the upload window:

[h=1]Server error[/h]500

Hide details
The website encountered an error while retrievinghttps://heartlandowners.org/newattachment.php?do=manageattach. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Reload this webpage
Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.

Windows 8.1 tablet with Chrome browser.

Thanks,

John

Domi_Test

Using the new account, we can now upload picture files. Jim or Michael, how can we make this account the active one since this one will take uploads now?

Thanks, Domi

DSC_2940.jpg

Carleen

Can't upload pictures- from quick reply or advanced. Using PC with Goolge Chrome Browser.

Any updates on this issue?

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to upload with Taptalk on my iPhone. Just not the computer :(

linuxkidd

Thanks for finding and reporting this issue Domi / Carleen. It turned out to be a permissions issue in *part* of the attachments folder. Since the attachment location (which part of the folder) your file was being written to depended on your username, it was only impacting part of the forum members. I've corrected the issue and all seems to be well with the test cases I tried.

Please let us know if any other issues pop-up.
LK