EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Alpine - 3/17/2017 to 3/19/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks all for the kind words, we had a great time hosting this rally, and appreciate all that came. We hated to have to leave, but we still have that pesky w*rk to do. We enjoyed some of Mike's leftover BBQ when we got home and set up again. We're already looking forward to next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

For those of you traveling from Alpine to Kinder on I-10, when do you plan to be coming through the Houston area? We're at Lake Conroe and plan to leave the 27th for LA.

David, we will just miss you. We are over nighting at the Lake Conroe KOA in Montgomery on Monday the 27th and then leaving for kinder on Tuesday. I don't do Houston if I can possibly avoid it so I always take SR105 to Beaumont to pick up I10.

dlw930

David, we will just miss you. We are over nighting at the Lake Conroe KOA in Montgomery on Monday the 27th and then leaving for kinder on Tuesday. I don't do Houston if I can possibly avoid it so I always take SR105 to Beaumont to pick up I10.

Mike, since we're just a few mikes north of 105, we'll be taking basically the same route, just a day earlier than you. We will have worn out our welcome here by Monday so they're making us leave!

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We've had a change of plans and are going to the Sims RV Resort for a few days. We plan to arrive in Kinder on Monday the 27th.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We've had a change of plans and are going to the Sims RV Resort for a few days. We plan to arrive in Kinder on Monday the 27th.

Bill and Ornel got to ya huh? Lol

pegmikef

Mike, since we're just a few mikes north of 105, we'll be taking basically the same route, just a day earlier than you. We will have worn out our welcome here by Monday so they're making us leave!

Yeah, I personally think it is one of the better routes once you get past Conroe.

jbeletti

Here is a collage of photos taken by a few folks at the Rally -- Not sure where I got them all, but I know some were taken by Jim B, Kevin W, and Malcolm T.

Thanks to all who attended and made this an awesome Rally!
Very cool Erika! Good times for sure.

'Lil Guy'

1st, you're welcome for the excitement at George S. site. We missed your 1st rally but this one was a hit. Great place and great people. Debbie and I really enjoyed ourselves. Just a great relaxing rally. I think we should all chip in and buy Mike a HL rig and have him follow all of the rallies. What great food. Going to be hard to beat. He's a great , personable guy who's alma matter's mascot is the 'Lil Guy' so you know he's OK. Can't wait for the next rally. Thanks again for the great food, time and friendship.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Dave. Just noticed it.

HornedToad

You guy's got outta West Texas just in time... the winds gusted up to 50 mph all day and we had dime size hail tonight!!!

Also, TPWD was lookin for some guy that had started a wildfire destroying horny toad habitat... a protected species.

rxbristol

You guy's got outta West Texas just in time... the winds gusted up to 50 mph all day and we had dime size hail tonight!!!

We're still in Alpine at the Lost Alaskan and, believe it or not, those pine trees really block the winds...no rain or hail here, but my truck is totally covered in dust/sand.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Looks like we lucked out weather wise!!! Windy here in Schertz / San Antonio yesterday (20-30) but so far no rain and possibilities are dropping. Was kind of hoping on Mother Nature to rinse the dust and dirt off the BH!!!

Chippendale

Was real windy yesterday and last night but slowed down this morning. I got about 1/2 inch of rain around noon today, and then it cleared off and is a beautiful afternoon here in Geezerville. When I walked out on the back porch a few minutes ago to check the rain gauge, I noticed the %$#@*&^$$ Carpenter Ants are back, maybe "full timing" would be less stressful.

jbeletti

Was real windy yesterday and last night but slowed down this morning. I got about 1/2 inch of rain around noon today, and then it cleared off and is a beautiful afternoon here in Geezerville. When I walked out on the back porch a few minutes ago to check the rain gauge, I noticed the %$#@*&^$$ Carpenter Ants are back, maybe "full timing" would be less stressful.
Sorry about the ants George. You know I couldn't pass the opportunity to let you know that we'll be holding a Full-Timing seminar at the Goshen rally :) Could learn a lot.

Chippendale

Sorry about the ants George. You know I couldn't pass the opportunity to let you know that we'll be holding a Full-Timing seminar at the Goshen rally :) Could learn a lot.

You don't give up very easily do you? We'll see, depends on how my sciatica does, you young whippersnappers have yet to experience all the aches and pains us old geezers do.

Status
Not open for further replies.