Drain re-routing ideas?

orion7144

I need to re-rout the drain for the shower to make room for a dual filter system. I was just going to make it a portable unit but after seeing the post with the filters on a hinged door I decided I like that idea better. In the picture you can see the drain at a 45 degree angle right through the basement taking up too much space. Any ideas? EDIT... I just found another picture that makes me think that is the vent for the grey tank 2. Also can the holes in the basement floor be sealed?

20180730_205618.jpg20180728_143959.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If if were my rig I would not have a problem doing any of those mods.

Peace
Dave

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What Dave said...I re-routed our black tank vent to push back the basement wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I need to re-rout the drain for the shower to make room for a dual filter system. I was just going to make it a portable unit but after seeing the post with the filters on a hinged door I decided I like that idea better. In the picture you can see the drain at a 45 degree angle right through the basement taking up too much space. Any ideas? EDIT... I just found another picture that makes me think that is the vent for the grey tank 2. Also can the holes in the basement floor be sealed?

View attachment 58877View attachment 58878

ABS pipe adhesive.
Slope 1/4" per foot. from level.
Use 45 degree fitting and one 90 degree fitting and a straight coupling and you will need some extra ABS pipe as well.

travelin2

You can use marry PVC pipe to the ABS pipe with the appropriate adhesive. Paint it black

Noofear

I don't mean to hijack but I'm trying to install a Spendide washer in a 3875FB. I bought the drain pan but where can I route the plumbing. To the best of my measurements, if I go straight down , it will come out on the overhang.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Noofear

Maybe there is a better forum but I'm using my phone and maybe the admin can move it to where ever.

mlpeloquin

I don't mean to hijack but I'm trying to install a Spendide washer in a 3875FB. I bought the drain pan but where can I route the plumbing. To the best of my measurements, if I go straight down , it will come out on the overhang.

You can rout it behind the wall, through the chase, and under the dresser into the gas bottle compartment like I did. Make sure it travels level to downward slope. To remove the screws holding the chase against the wall between the dresser and cabinet, use a magnet to find the screw heads. Remove the bottom drawer and panel to expose the wiring and plumbing. I measured from the inside window edge and then outside. I drilled a hole from the inside of the gas compartment up and then enlarged it from the inside. Had to drill a hole in the side of the chase at the bottom of the back of the cabinet to get the hose behind it. Nor hard and take your time. Don't rely on the vent markings Heartland put on the wall. Use a metal stud finder to locate the studs. Drill out part way and finish on the outside.

travelin2

Only ONE screw in that chase cover in our BH. Pretty much in the center down close to the floor
I followed that same route with my solar panel cables along the drain then into the propane compartment to the batteries

SLO

View attachment 58877View attachment 58878

Sounds like you weren’t sure if it the shower drain or grey tank vent. If it’s the shower drain then Marc is correct, but I would suggest the 90 should be a long sweep 90. If it’s a vent then you should not run a vent horizontal below the flood rim of the fixture it is venting. In other words if for the shower the flood rim would be the dam you step over to enter the shower. Even though the vent would be for the grey tank, running the vent horizontal could have some undesirable consequences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk